nwright99 Posted February 8, 2016 Report Posted February 8, 2016 I am currently running K2 now on a JL 300/4 with a dsp not using the focal crossover. I am wanting to upgrade but tying to keep it within the 900 range. what is out there that can compare or blow away the k2. I love my mid bass!!! I have seen lots of discussion about the hertz mille legend, also hear about the Legatia L6v2. Need some ideas or thoughts. Just thinking of buying a new set of the focal 165KRX2.
boometro Posted February 8, 2016 Report Posted February 8, 2016 the focal k2 speakers are great speakers. possibly upgrading to more power could help with overall sound. i have used those speakers many times with no issues at all. personally i like using them with the JL audio HD600/4 amplifier.
catch 22 Posted February 8, 2016 Report Posted February 8, 2016 If I were looking for a comp set capable of tons of midbass in the 900 range, I would pick up a set of blues audio bl6.5c comps
catch 22 Posted February 8, 2016 Report Posted February 8, 2016 Then again I haven't heard much in that price range to compare to
notorious97200 Posted February 8, 2016 Report Posted February 8, 2016 I had a set of 165 KP using the passive filters, and I blew a mid after 8 years, on a lot of power ! I bought a pair of Seas Prestige ER18 : I love them so far. I run them active with a mini dsp and the Focal tweeter for now. I don't know if it would be an upgrade for you, but I'm sur it's not a downgrade ! Take a look at parts-express or madisound.com , they have so much to choose from. Good luck. black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.