Second Skin Audio

Best size for a Sealed Box for 2 Kicker CVR 12's

Neto MC

Hi there, I have 2 Kicker CVR 12's, on ported boxes, but I feel it is too SPL, and I think that a Sealed Box, can give more quality sound, but now I have the doubt of what size should I must used, for get good notes at 35 Hz, because I use an Epicenter, so all my frequencies are around 35Hz. The min volumen recommended is 1 ft3, and maximum 4.6 ft3. anyway I think the biggest recommended one don't fit in my trunk, but I want to know the differences between choosing a small medium o larg sealed box.

I was thinking to use 2ft3, for each subwoofer, I think that size can fit perfectly in my trunk.

I would go 1.5 feet each sub. "Most" 12"subs in your catagory of woofer go between 1.0-2.0 cubic feet for sealed boxes. U "might" see alittle more lower end bass going .5 over

EDIT : the 4.6 cubic feet max is most definally a typo on the website, that sub wouldnt sound very well in such a big box.....

if it WAS MINE i would build a box 1.5 cubic foot each sub like i mentioned.

I had 4 comp cvrs in 6 cubes before I started my current build! 1.5 per sub worked well for me. How much power you putting on them?

I have connected with a nano N3 Massive Audio that at 1 Ohms give 1400 RMS, so it is more powerful, the subs are 400rms each one.

• 2 weeks later...

I had 4 comp cvrs in 6 cubes before I started my current build! 1.5 per sub worked well for me. How much power you putting on them?

I have connected with a nano N3 Massive Audio that at 1 Ohms give 1400 RMS, so it is more powerful, the subs are 400rms each one.

That should work well. Just make sure the box has plenty of bracing to minimize flex, i ended up going to 1" threaded rod instead of wood supports. There is too much pressure in the box to use wood supports kept splitting the wood pulling the screws out.

I'll do body filler all day every day, but this reinforced, fortified fucking kitty hair can kiss my balls.

Archived