Second Skin Audio

Help with Subwoofer Placement

dturro

i would just avoid doing shared chamber enclosures

why? It is just a matter personal preference after all, in my case it will save space that if i go individual chambers

if one sub has issues and say blows then the other sub is still in its recommended volume and tune.... the box is bigger but its more safe and it takes me less thought to design and tweek....ive never had much luck with port area with enclosures with more than 2 subs so I stick with divided chambers with square ports over slot ports

Your are right about one driver blowing will jeopardize the remaining(s) one, but both been driven by the same mono block they shouldn't have issues, mine is 1.5 cubics after port displacement

No problem. This is my current enclosure tuned to 28hz

B7C1A27B-CB56-4CD4-8D9B-B1AD3B4055CC_zps

No issues with unloading even playing down to 22hz full tilt, unless I have the windows rolled down. In which case everything below 30 will unload

Nice design, good to know that you aren't having issues with unloading. Mine will be at 35Hz. any difference on facing subs up and port forward liker yours from the one i have?

I did subs up port forward because that is the common consensus for the loudest orientation in my Tahoe. It may be different for you, depending on your vehicle. Of course, the difference in output between subs forward port forward and subs up port forward is more than likely inaudible given every other aspect being the same, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

No problem. This is my current enclosure tuned to 28hz

B7C1A27B-CB56-4CD4-8D9B-B1AD3B4055CC_zps

No issues with unloading even playing down to 22hz full tilt, unless I have the windows rolled down. In which case everything below 30 will unload

Nice design, good to know that you aren't having issues with unloading. Mine will be at 35Hz. any difference on facing subs up and port forward liker yours from the one i have?

I did subs up port forward because that is the common consensus for the loudest orientation in my Tahoe. It may be different for you, depending on your vehicle. Of course, the difference in output between subs forward port forward and subs up port forward is more than likely inaudible given every other aspect being the same, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

roger that. I have a scion tC, forward works better i have tried subs facing up and i can notice the difference.

Archived