How big of an alt upgrade for my current gear @ 3500W RMS?

Got 3200rms running 4 kinetics and a 250 amp alternator never drop below 13.8 at idle wish I would have gone alittle bigger now.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I know nobody on this forum will ever be "done" with their systems, but why is there so many threads asking what size alternator, if everyone replies "biggest you can get"

should there be one thread explaining that you should have the biggest alt that fits? what about even bigger systems? even in a perfect world with 100% efficientcy, a 370A alternator is only good for 3700 watts. so to say get the biggest one you can get doesn't help if someone is running 5000 watts, they would need two. if someone is asking what size alternator to get is it wrong to assume they are looking for an informative as opposed to a simple go big or go home?

Like I posted got a 250amp works great lights don't dim very happy with it but electrical is the heart of your system . It all works off it and when I added my alternator the system was much louder and made a huge difference in sound but this summer adding another sub and amp will be at .6ohms should still be good with box rise don't expect ant problems but always wondered in the back of my mind maybe should of got a 300 or 350 , but that's just me.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived