Diamondboxx sounds better than my hertz comps

Cwallaker

i have tried those on more then one occasion they all ended up in the trash......

yes they are better then nothing but making over sized mounting rings to combat vibrations on the door itself has had the best results in my installs... the second best in improving performance deadning the third would be adding close cell and open cell foams and more deadning to the door skin

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

i have tried those on more then one occasion they all ended up in the trash......

yes they are better then nothing but making over sized mounting rings to combat vibrations on the door itself has had the best results in my installs... the second best in improving performance deadning the third would be adding close cell and open cell foams and more deadning to the door skin

I've tried them before and I could swear they made some sort of flapping noise like they were breathing in and out with the speaker.

Took them out and the sound was gone.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• 4 months later...

I've tried them before and I could swear they made some sort of flapping noise like they were breathing in and out with the speaker.

Took them out and the sound was gone.

Found this in the Crutchfield product description

"These baffles will protect your speakers. In many applications we recommend that you cut a hole in the bottom of the baffle, or remove the entire bottom of the baffle, to maintain good bass response while still protecting your speaker from dirt and water damage."

Archived