Diamondboxx sounds better than my hertz comps

Cwallaker

So I blew both my subs and one channel of my mids and highs amp while tequila drunk,and bumping corridos . Now my diamond box is my car stereo for a min. Question is why do the inexpensive drivers sound so much better than my hertz esk comps ? Has anyone built a ported enclosure for the esk's ? I wonder what the volume cu ft ,and port lenght would need to be ? I am amazed just how much more bass and clarity the box has . Could those parts express drivers be better than the hertz? Or , is it the enclosure ?

Depends on how your amp is set, filters, location of the speakers themselves. Lots of things. You can have 10,000$ speakers in the doors and still have them sound like shit if you dont have them set properly.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

There is a ton of engeering the diamondboxx. Tony and Juan aren't messing around. And yes I love my diamondboxx :)

I know it boils down to install . That's where I'm wondering if I could pull off a ported enclosure in the doors to wring every bit of mid bass out of what I already own . The drivers in the boxx are inexpensive, but have a properly tuned enclosure , a very nice amp ,and perfect xover points . That leads me to belive that if I knew what the optimal cu ft the esk need , and the best port length ect ; I could get much more out of the esk . Right now they are in the door of a 2000 silverado . Stock location , sealed and deadened as best as I could . Since I'm running active off my prs 80 ,it limits me to a 3 way. If I raise the x over up over 80hz the subs are super easy to pick out . If I drop the lp xover to 63 hz it blends in much better . So far my best overall sound came from setting the lp to 63hz 12 db slope ,and the mid hp to 63 hz 24 db slope . I thought it really sounded great ;That was until I set the diamondboxx in my front seat and realized just how much better the mid and low end was on it .iT has much more punch . Because it's ported ???

There is a ton of engeering the diamondboxx. Tony and Juan aren't messing around. And yes I love my diamondboxx :)

I'm sure the don't mess around ,and never have ! It's amazing what they have done with $30 worth of speakers .

I have heard of people doing ported door pods. I know I dont have the talent for it.

I have heard of people doing ported door pods. I know I dont have the talent for it.

I like to think I can fab anything , I just don't know how to take the ts specs ,and turn them into usable data .

Doesn't really surprise me:

Leaky, rattling enclosure vs solid MDF enclosure

Passive vs active crossover

Mediocre headunit vs high quality class AB amp

Noisy vs clean lithium power.

What surprise me is people going all out on their speakers hoping to improve their setup.

Cheap B-brand speakers in a proper install can sound 10x better than Hertz comps in a leaky door.

Expensive speakers aren't going to fix your leaky door, crappy amplifier and simple passive XO.

Doesn't really surprise me:

Leaky, rattling enclosure vs solid MDF enclosure

Passive vs active crossover

Mediocre headunit vs high quality class AB amp

Noisy vs clean lithium power.

What surprise me is people going all out on their speakers hoping to improve their setup.

Cheap B-brand speakers in a proper install can sound 10x better than Hertz comps in a leaky door.

Expensive speakers aren't going to fix your leaky door, crappy amplifier and simple passive XO.

Uh.. that is the point I was getting at . I want to build ported enclosures in my doors.I wasn't aware that a prs 80 was such a turd of a head unit . Also I'm running active via the turd head unit to I'm guessing an equally less than cool class a/b zx series kicker amp . Guess I'd better toss my shit in the trash and start over lol .

You don't need to do ported doors to get the performance you want.

I will put my doors infinite baffle up against the diamond box.... But I do have a shit ton of work in my doors making mounting rings for the most solid no flex mounting surface

possible layers of second skin on top and bottom of close cell and open cell foam behind the speaker on the door skin to kill the back wave and tons os second skin on the door panel its self and all around the mounting ring to

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived