Second Skin Audio

10" Sub Advice Needed

Onelowgreek

Ordered a 10" D4 sub so I could wire it parallel down to 2 ohms but they sent me a D1 so I'm forced to wire it in series to 2 ohms

What amp are you using?

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Ordered a 10" D4 sub so I could wire it parallel down to 2 ohms but they sent me a D1 so I'm forced to wire it in series to 2 ohms

What amp are you using?

Alpine MVR-M500, the little card that came with it tested at 520 watts RMS

Doesn't really matter either way as long as you get to the impedance you need

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Is there. a difference in sound (or anything for that matter) if its series vs parallel?

(Wouldn't think so but ima ask any who)

Edit:maybe it has nothing to do with box rise

Example: duel 1 ohm coils that rise to 1.5 seriesed would rise to 3 but parralleled d4 (with the same .5 rise) would only rise to 2.25?

So turns out they sent me the Strato V2.0 instead of the V1.0 which is rated for 800 watts RMS... Now I need to decide if I'm going to return the sub for the v1 and use my alpine amp or return the amp and use my Hifonics Brutus amp that's in my garage which is 900 watts RMS at 2 ohms

Thoughts?

Sounds to me like you got a free upgrade. Why wouldn't you just want to use the v2?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Sounds to me like you got a free upgrade. Why wouldn't you just want to use the v2?

All the wiring, connectors, accessories, amp that I ordered I had designed to put it under my driver seat and suitable for 500 watts RMS.

If I run the Strato V2 I will need to configure the install differently and forced to mount the Amp behind the passenger seat along with possible running larger power cable depending on how long the run will be

All the wiring, connectors, accessories, amp that I ordered I had designed to put it under my driver seat and suitable for 500 watts RMS.

If I run the Strato V2 I will need to configure the install differently and forced to mount the Amp behind the passenger seat along with possible running larger power cable depending on how long the run will be

I guess I don't understand why you will have to configure the install differently, is the V2's physical size that much different from the V1 that it won't fit in your space the same?

What difference between the V1 and the V2 is going to cause you to change things?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I guess I don't understand why you will have to configure the install differently, is the V2's physical size that much different from the V1 that it won't fit in your space the same?

What difference between the V1 and the V2 is going to cause you to change things?

For starters the mounting depth of the sub is almost 1" larger so won't fit in the box unless I invert it, the alpine amp I bought will be under powering the sub big time, but I have an amp in the garage that is 900 watts at 2ohms which draws 140 amps and I know 4 gauge is good up to about 12-13 ft at that rating which will be cutting it close if I mount it in the trunk.

The RCAs I bought were only long enough for the amp to be under the seat.

I wasn't anticipating running that much power to a sub so not sure how my electrical system will deal with it and an upgraded alternator is approx $500 which I'm not willing to spend.

Not sure what I'm going to do

Archived