Second Skin Audio

10" Sub Advice Needed

Onelowgreek

What's up everyone?!

I have a 2013 Mazdspeed3 and just purchased an Audio Integration's 10" sealed sub enclosure with airspace of .60-.65 cu. ft.

Right now I'm debating between running one of the following amps:

-Sundown SAE-600D

-Crescendo S600.1

Due to the fact I don't want to run anymore power than either one of those amps can produce.

Here are the sub options I have so far:

-Fi Audio X series 10"

-SunDown SD-3 10"

-SSA GCON 10"

-DC Audio Level 2 10"

I'm looking for a good mix of a loud sub but musical at the same time.

I want to keep the budget around $200 for the sub.

Options/Thoughts?

Personally, in that power range i'd look at an Alpine MRV-M500 and the Fi X series with D4 option. The Alpine does around 600w @ 2OHM's which is going to be a lot more efficient than either of the amps listed.

Personally, in that power range i'd look at an Alpine MRV-M500 and the Fi X series with D4 option. The Alpine does around 600w @ 2OHM's which is going to be a lot more efficient than either of the amps listed.

It's funny you mention the Alpine MRV-M500, that was the amp I was originally looking at picking up.

Only thing that sucks is the FI X series is out of stock right now...

CT sounds stratto 10's are on sale for 99$ On their EBay store personally in an enclosure that small you want more power. If you do the big 3 and run quality wire the Mazda can push 1K no problem. I think the speed has a bigger stock all too

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

CT sounds stratto 10's are on sale for 99$ On their EBay store personally in an enclosure that small you want more power. If you do the big 3 and run quality wire the Mazda can push 1K no problem. I think the speed has a bigger stock all too

Never heard of CT sounds, the price is very tempting especially with free shipping, heavily considering it since I'm doing more of a budget build in the speed.

I don't want anything crazy in this car since it's my daily, 1 10" sub on 500 watts will be plenty for me.

I have a Fi Q 15" sitting in my garage but I'm not willing to loose cargo space

CT sounds make very good quality subs. I'm a DD guy but can't get much for under 200 from DD.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I said screw it and just ordered myself the CT Sounds Stratos v2.0 10" off eBay for $99.99 shipped, hopefully should do the trick.

Look like a decently build sub especially for such a cheap ass price.

Nice make a vid when you get it hooked up!

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

So im getting ready to dig out all my wiring in the garage to see what I have before I place an order.

In your opinion will I need to do a big 3 or 4 upgrade if I'm just running the Alpine MRV-M500 amp?

I don't mind doing the work but if it isn't required I don't want to waste my time

Archived