Wil84 Posted February 20, 2016 Report Posted February 20, 2016 I need some screws for my kicker 6 1/2. I'm going to install in my 99 Chevy suburban. Would it be good to get a self tapping screw because I'm screwing it in to the sheet-metal. Looking for some recommendations.
dolarbilz Posted February 20, 2016 Report Posted February 20, 2016 Any sheet metal screws are fine.if you have predrilled holes.place your speakers mark holes with pen,remove speaker,predrill with smaller drill bit. Then screw it to door.don't over tighten the screw..
dolarbilz Posted February 20, 2016 Report Posted February 20, 2016 These will work as well.I don't care to use them with speaker in place for couple reasons one if not carefully you'll slip put hole in speaker two they will kick the metal all-over your speaker cause of the magnet..
Pioneerchuck Posted February 21, 2016 Report Posted February 21, 2016 I just pulled out that metal mesh on the panel itself and screwed the speaker into the panel. Looks better imo. I just used a full thread coarse screw.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.