Jamesv Posted February 22, 2016 Report Posted February 22, 2016 First time post, long time stalker. I've decided on sundown E series. I have a Rockford fosgate p500x1bd with a birth sheet of 802 at 1 ohm. This will be in a bmw 328, with a sold metal back seat(I might cut through though). I have about 3 cubes to play with and using aero ports due to space limitations. I would like 2 12" subs, but I'm short .5 cubes according to sundown. Would I be ok, or should I step down to 2 10" subs. Thanks for advise and input. Also building my own box, stepping up from a cvr12 and Sony amp. Not first build.
RooTxBeeR Posted February 22, 2016 Report Posted February 22, 2016 If you can fit the 2 10's then they will have more cone area then the single 12". On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Jamesv Posted February 22, 2016 Author Report Posted February 22, 2016 It was discussing two subs of either or. Not one 12 vs two 10s. That's why I wanted the two 12s, as big as I can get on surface area. But is it too small of cubes for two 12s?
Massivespl Posted February 22, 2016 Report Posted February 22, 2016 Don't suffocate the 12s... Get two 10s c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music 2 crossfire 8k 4 NSV3 18s 4 crescendo 10s 4 Rockford pro 6.5s Quad excessive amperage 350alts 4 juicebox 3100s
Jamesv Posted February 23, 2016 Author Report Posted February 23, 2016 I'm was thinking that logically, but wanted the 12s. Should I keep it to 1cf per sub plus sub and port displacement then, or just build it to my max of 3 cf which would be more than enough to cover port and sub displacement? Thanks guys!
ALPINE408 Posted February 23, 2016 Report Posted February 23, 2016 I just did an install for 2 DC lvl 2 12's on that BMW why are you short air space? it slams to did not have to cut the metal back seat ether it was very tight your measurements need to be spot on but should have no problems with 12's Have you ever had your woofers blown?
Jamesv Posted February 23, 2016 Author Report Posted February 23, 2016 I want to have access to the storage compartment in the trunk. So it's shallow enough to open the hatch. I still want to have usable trunk space, so have to compromise somewhere.
Jamesv Posted February 23, 2016 Author Report Posted February 23, 2016 To get to 3 cubes, which the 2-12s require 3.5 cubes, I was going to glass the bottom of the box to stay with the curves of the bottom, and slant the back. It was going to end right where the trap door begins. This is in a sedan on an 07 model. Maybe the one u did has a different layout.
Jamesv Posted February 23, 2016 Author Report Posted February 23, 2016 Oh and the dc level 2 require 1.25 per 12, and the sundown requires 1.75. That's a difference of 1 cf right there. @ alpine408
ALPINE408 Posted February 23, 2016 Report Posted February 23, 2016 the DC's were under powered so I did a 3.25 cube box with access to all panels IT IS RECOMMENDED air space not the only size that will work but go 10's obviously 12's is not going to work for you Have you ever had your woofers blown?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.