4 Channel wiring

04coly15s

OK so i have searched and searched and i cant find an answer to my question. On a 4 channel amp can you wire 2 channels at 2ohms and 2 channels at 4 ohms safely? or would i need to get 2 seperate 2 channel amps and run the mids off one and the tweets off another. If i have posted this in the wrong place i am sorry and any imput will help thank you in advance

As long as you wire fronts the same and rears the same its fine. Front doesn't have to match rear.

Thank you i have been looking all over the net but havn't been able to find an answer. I was just worried it would overload because of the different impedences. I plan on running the mids in my doors at 2 ohms and the tweeters at 4.

May depend on the amp, but mostly yes. Think of it ars 2 amps inside one case, one is the front amp the other the rear. If it's 2ohm stable (not bridged 2ohm mind you) then you can wire the fronts 2 and rears 4 respectively. Which amp is this? If you're bridging the front or rear then you're basically making it a 3ch.

May depend on the amp, but mostly yes. Think of it ars 2 amps inside one case, one is the front amp the other the rear. If it's 2ohm stable (not bridged 2ohm mind you) then you can wire the fronts 2 and rears 4 respectively. Which amp is this? If you're bridging the front or rear then you're basically making it a 3ch.

well im back and forth between amps i kind of messed up i ordered 8 8ohm 8's (mlm8's) for my front doors and 2 sets 3in tweeters(mlt-2) im having trouble finding something comparable to push them i dont want to under power the mids i was looking at the sundown 200.4 to power them all or go with 2 crescendo s1100/2 one for mids and one for tweeters. any suggestions would be nice

Archived