Sundown Audio

strapping 2 amp,will it work??

reiko696@hotmail.com

my story: i have 2x15 ssa xcon(dvc1) hook on bassworx 3000.1d at 1ohm(3200wrms)

but i also have another same amp sleeping at my house...iknow when you strapped those 2 together ,each amp will see 2ohms

and since this amp put out 2000wrms at 2ohms,will that give me a total of 4000w at 2ohms on my sub?

will it be less stressful for the electrical since im at 2ohm?

and how do i should connect the sub to them,im really not sure about that,and i don't want to fuck thing up XD

thanks for your help guy's!!!

2x SSA XCON 15''

2 basworx 3000.1d

1 kinetik 1800 & exide 85amph

skyhigh 1/0 all-around

Grimreaper spl team co-president

just hook up one sub per amp.....

only strap amps if you have to they are not as stable... 1 amp per sub is still 2 ohms per amp if I reading this right you have Dual 1 subs

Hey ALPINE, good to see you around.

So can you tell us why the amps would be not as stable strapped? At the risk of sounding dumb, my guess is that when the amps are strapped with the same gain they will have a small difference in output because no 2 amps are 'exactly' the same? Or am I overthinking this?

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

only strap amps if you have to they are not as stable... 1 amp per sub is still 2 ohms per amp if I reading this right you have Dual 1 subs

So can you tell us why the amps would be not as stable strapped? At the risk of sounding dumb, my guess is that when the amps are strapped with the same gain they will have a small difference in output because no 2 amps are 'exactly' the same? Or am I overthinking this?

I don't know for sure but alpine may be referring to the fact the is you have 2 1ohm stable amps they will only be 2 ohm stable strapped

overthinking my understanding when strapped the amps become one with the master amp controlling the gain and any adjustments the slave amp is just producing power.. ( i could be wrong tho) I can tell you I have strapped and tested multiple amps and amps brands. the amps that were not strappedd were usually a few tenths of a DB louder and again more stable then strapped.

I was heavy into competing and had to strap amps to fit in the class I wanted to be in... the strapped amps were a lot more easy to put into protect be it voltage drop playing out of tune or the OHMS jumping around (this happens when playing) the strapped amps did not like music as much....Burps ALL day

I have had many friends test amps strapped vs not strapped just to see if one was better then the other some just trying to get louder others to see if they performed better in comps.....

all of them came to the same conclusion

Only strap amps if you have to... 1 amp per sub is just a better option

Now strapping is a must for the completion nuts that put 4 amps per sub there is no other way to do it unless you strap

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived