1.3 ohms at terminal

I have two CT Sounds meso v3 d1 subwoofers. I have them wired at one ohm. I'm currently using the dayton terminals (bolt style). On the inside of the box I am running sky high 8g to sky high 8g lugs. On the outside terminal it is bare wire on both ends (one into the posts the other into the amp). I'm reading 1.3 ohms final resistance. Do you think it is the terminals? Do you think Steve's box terminals would help?

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Im assuming your using these?

091-1245_HR_0.jpg

Did you touch your muiltimeter probes together to measure the resistance of the probes prior to measuring the reistance of the speakers?

Then subtract the resistance of the probes from the resistance measured at the speakers?

Did you measure the resistance of the coils each individually before installing the woofers in the box to see that the coils read exactly 1ohm each?

Are the lugs bolted down tight to the Dayton terminals?

Are your solder or crimps on the lugs done properly?

There really shouldn't be any resistance caused from the Dayton binding posts unless something is lose like I said above, or your dmm leads have a lot of resistance in the wires themselves from being yanked on, stretched, twisted, etc (which happens very often with dmm probes leads).

I change my Fluke leads about once a year due to it alone.

Well I feel dumb now. Thanks for the heads up on the dmm leads. My leads sit at .3 ohms when touched together. Time to get some new leads, maybe I'll just pick up a new dmm. What fluke did you buy? How much? I want a decent dmm for car audio/other misc 12v applications.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

My Fluke a 114 or 115. Think its one of the cheaper ones around $130 but still True RMS, backlit screen, and has min/max/avg, along with hold features.

For what I use it for it does the job just fine.

And if I need something more advanced or testing multiple things at once I also have my Fluke and Craftsman clamp meters.

Whenever I buy a SMD AMM-1 Im sure that I will never use my DMM or Clamp meters for that matter ever again.

That's a pretty good idea. I really regret not grabbing one when they were 30% off during black friday. Hopefully I can find the patience to wait a while until they go on sale again. Something tells me that isn't going to happen. I didn't realize they can actually measure box rise. Wouldn't measuring resistance with power applied fry most dmms?

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Good to know. I still think I might just go with an amm-1. I didn't realize all the things that the amm-1 can do. Thanks for the heads up on the resistance between my leads. You definitely saved me a good hour or two of tearing stuff apart to find where the issue was.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Archived