Jump to content

Modest Volvo S60-R Build (plus American Bass NOW PLAYING on page 2)


Recommended Posts

Posted

I feel like I've done enough to the ride now and mostly documented all of it. I'm ready to share where I'm at with it so far. I'll post a few details and try to follow up with some pictures soon after.

2004 Volvo S60-R

2.5 inline 5 cylinder with high pressure turbo

All wheel drive

4C suspension (push button comfort/sport/advanced ride)

Brembo disk brake w/4 piston calipers on all 4 corners

Factory HID headlights (D2R 35w xenon) *this is cool...since HID doesn't do low beam/hi beam, my car tilts the headlight upward when you click the bright switch

3" OBX turbo downpipe

Borla XR-1 muffler

Phuzzy front mount intercooler

IPD bushings

IPD boost gauge

Tinted windows 20%

Blacked out tail-lights

Plasti-dipped 18" factory R wheels

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS HU

All factory door and rear deck mids/highs

2 American Bass VFL 8" DVC 4 ohm subs

1 American Bass VFL 2680.1D amp

Custom built 1.7 cu.ft. ported 35hz box

Stock electrical currently

All the work has been done by me, other than having the sub box built but we'll get to that later. I'll get pictures up asap.

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

 

Posted

This is what she looked like the day I brought her home...all stock.1_zps3ckthzhm.jpeg2_zpsnsieanjq.jpeg3_zpscljtcifm.jpeg4_zps44krzgjx.jpeg

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

 

Posted

This is how she looks when waxed up proper 20160131_122843_zpsr6nuclea.jpg20160131_122834_zpstq7j14vw.jpg

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

 

Posted

Tinted the windows 20%20150823_161441_zps6cnvusfh.jpg20150725_155042_zpsqjcf1q84.jpg

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

 

Posted

Blacked out the tail lights.Idea%20note_20160228_030333_01_zpswam0ue

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

 

Posted

Plasti-dipped the rims. Yes I know that front drivers side tire is low on air in this picture. New BF Goodrich G-Force SS are en route.20151228_165958_zpsuylpipqf.jpg20151231_153133_zps9p0xhuaa.jpg20151231_153142_zpszpjjmgfu.jpg

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

 

Posted

Phuzzy front mount intercooler. Hands down the best aftermarket add on,20150607_125420_zpszwvbfsua.jpg power gain I've seen yet. 20150607_120209_zpsn6wi0i8o.jpg

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

 

Posted

Touch screen and boost gauge going in and finished stage. If you're asking why the IPD boost gauge is blue faced...it matches my factory dash gauges identical. I need to get a shot of those in here soon. I love the factory gauges. Not something I can say about every car I've ever owned.20160207_150759_zpslepfk1um.jpg20160207_155921_zpsltzcelxp.jpg20160216_005102_zpsrnzsm0uv.jpg

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

 

Posted

This is a fake magazine photoshoot two of my friends and I whipped up. From left to right we have a Mercedes Benz S600 twin turbo V12 (it gets down!!!), Charger R/T murdered out and then my S60-R murdered outIMG_20160221_001932_zpsjwoxj5mm.jpg

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1027 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...