Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I bought this dual 12" box for my subs both of which I've used in a single box and have slammed. I wired the subs in series then to each other and ran them to the amp as if it was a mono amp meaning one connection for two subs. The amp couldn't handle the ohm rating at bridged mode so I reworded them in series and in both channels of the amp. Now they hit fin and the amp doesn't get hot but the bass is gone I checked every connection tried playing with frequencies on the radio and head unit nothing helped. Please someone I need help lol

Posted

You lost a lot of power wiring them to a higher ohm load.

You need a better, more powerful amp.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Posted

What subs (make, model, voice coil configuration) what amp? That will help get started.

Where are the crossovers set at?

Did you measure the resistance of the subwoofers with a multimeter to verify the ohm load that the amplifier would be receiving?

Edit: also, what enclosure did you buy? A custom designed enclosure from a shop or something premade from Amazon/eBay/other retailer?

Posted

Guys I feel like an idiot the one sub yes just the one was wired backwards at the box making the sub move but not produce bass what so ever. So i reveresed the connections and it's slamming thank you all for you help! Problem solved!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 898 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...