Running 18 Volts Daily

No idea on those batteries, but you'll need an alternator that is externally regulated to run 18v. Its gotta be seperate of your stock alt because everything in the vehicle except your amps need to be ran at 12v. You need an entirerly seperate electrical system for your 18v setup. Though I don't see why your couldn't run it daily if its properly installed.

Edited by caravan
crxsilogozz5.gif

You would have to totally re-wire everything in the car, even your power seats to your dashboard lights. 18v will fry the ecm for everything in your car.

AKA run a 16v system and save yourself work.

Car-96 blazer 4 door

Amp- Us-Amps M2D2

Front stage- Infinity Reference Comps 6.5

Subs- Undecided open to all offers and opinions

You had to have it all

Have you had enough

You greedy little bastard

You get what deserved

When all is said and done

I will be the one

To leave you in your misery and hate what you have become

No idea on those batteries, but you'll need an alternator that is externally regulated to run 18v. Its gotta be seperate of your stock alt because everything in the vehicle except your amps need to be ran at 12v. You need an entirerly seperate electrical system for your 18v setup. Though I don't see why your couldn't run it daily if its properly installed.

I know that it has to be separate do i need to get special alts or do i just need to get like 3 alt and externally regulate them each or all together

You would have to totally re-wire everything in the car, even your power seats to your dashboard lights. 18v will fry the ecm for everything in your car.

AKA run a 16v system and save yourself work.

Not sure why you think i would have to rewire everything can you explain please

do you plan on competeing with 18v? if so you may want to change your mind and run 16v, because if you compete and try with your batts sting at 18.99v you will be dis qualifed, for too much batt power.... but at 16v set the alts to put out 18.5 and when you shut the car off it goes down below 18.5 (with adjusable reg. you can turn it down and then crank it back up)

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

do you plan on competeing with 18v? if so you may want to change your mind and run 16v, because if you compete and try with your batts sting at 18.99v you will be dis qualifed, for too much batt power.... but at 16v set the alts to put out 18.5 and when you shut the car off it goes down below 18.5 (with adjusable reg. you can turn it down and then crank it back up)

Well it most likely will be 16-18 volts i wont be competing i guess i should have said running 16 volts my bad