SCATHED Posted March 6, 2016 Report Posted March 6, 2016 Looking to get a box design for two DC level 3 12's for a standard cab truck. The dimensions I have to work with is:Width: 42Height: 26Top depth: 6Bottom depth: 10Each sub calls for 1.25 cubic feet and displaces .16 cubic feet. As far as a port goes, should I use a single 6" aero firing to the passenger side or a slot port firing to the passenger side?Can anyone help with a design?
Joe X Posted March 6, 2016 Report Posted March 6, 2016 You need more space, a single 6" port would not be enough and if you fire sideways you need 6" clearance for it.
SCATHED Posted March 6, 2016 Author Report Posted March 6, 2016 You need more space, a single 6" port would not be enough and if you fire sideways you need 6" clearance for it. I updated the height of the box. it can go up to 26" high. The width I posted is with room for the port to breathe
Joe X Posted March 6, 2016 Report Posted March 6, 2016 Problem is that a single 6" is not enough port area and if you use say 3 4" ports, that would reduce the internal volume some more.
SCATHED Posted March 6, 2016 Author Report Posted March 6, 2016 Problem is that a single 6" is not enough port area and if you use say 3 4" ports, that would reduce the internal volume some more. 11" per foot isn't enough for an aero port? I always tried to stay between 9 and 12 for aeros
SCATHED Posted March 6, 2016 Author Report Posted March 6, 2016 Joe X, is there any way you could draw up that design?
Esgedi Posted March 6, 2016 Report Posted March 6, 2016 Just curious, why do you want 2 as opposed to 1 12? The difference might be about 2dB in a setup like this. Don't trust a shop but you personally just smoked two decks, makes sense. 03' Trailblazer LTDayton Designer 6.5"s & Silkie tweetersDayton Audio Ultimax 18"Pioneer 9601 & 8604XS Power D34002 runs 1/0Singer 250
MotorCityFats13 Posted March 6, 2016 Report Posted March 6, 2016 I run a single Level 3 12" with ar cone and it is in an explorer way more space than you are playing with.... built my box to 1.75cuft @32hz after displacements on 1200rms and if it were in a smaller cabin it would probably be 10db louder.... and a single 12 calls for 7" round port in bass box pro... I didnt have the space and went with a 4".... it works well but port noise is audible with anything lower than 35hz... using 2 12's an 6" might give the same effect.... and rusty answered one of my threads and recommended that I go no larger than 1.75cuft with the power I am running.... the first box I built was 1.25cuft @32hz and I did not like it that much so built another, much more happy with the 1.75cuft.... if you really want something loud.... instead of doing 2 lvl3's do 1 XL 12.... your eye ball might pop out
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.