ALPINE408 Posted March 9, 2016 Report Posted March 9, 2016 A line driver can't hurt though can it? I obviously need more signal. you obviously did not read my reply cause you obviously don't need more signal I have seen line drivers mess up a system more times then it has helped and have yanked out more then I can remember but its your money if it will make you happy go for it 4volt preouts from the DECK is the best taking a 1volt signal and amping it up to 4volts does not clean up the signal so the only thing you will accomplish is having to set the gain on your amp lower if you want to spend money to have your gain lower again GO FOR IT Have you ever had your woofers blown?
forrest_siems Posted March 9, 2016 Author Report Posted March 9, 2016 How come it's not getting loud then? Some songs literally have hardly any bass with things turned up
forrest_siems Posted March 9, 2016 Author Report Posted March 9, 2016 A line driver can't hurt though can it? I obviously need more signal.you obviously did not read my reply cause you obviously don't need more signal I have seen line drivers mess up a system more times then it has helped and have yanked out more then I can remember but its your money if it will make you happy go for it 4volt preouts from the DECK is the best taking a 1volt signal and amping it up to 4volts does not clean up the signal so the only thing you will accomplish is having to set the gain on your amp lower if you want to spend money to have your gain lower again GO FOR IT sorry brother I only saw the first few lines in that post for some reason til now. Thanks for your help man.
ALPINE408 Posted March 9, 2016 Report Posted March 9, 2016 if your system is not getting loud you have other issues if I could do a system that played over 150dbs daily on 1 volt preouts I am pretty sure it has to do with something else Have you ever had your woofers blown?
forrest_siems Posted March 9, 2016 Author Report Posted March 9, 2016 if your system is not getting loud you have other issues if I could do a system that played over 150dbs daily on 1 volt preouts I am pretty sure it has to do with something else Okay. I'm thinking I may have damaged the rcas. My old audiopipe amp started clipping at only 1/4 gain with this same head unit. Pinched or maybe shorted when I ran wire. I'll just use process of elimination for my whole system. Thanks man.
forrest_siems Posted March 9, 2016 Author Report Posted March 9, 2016 if your system is not getting loud you have other issues if I could do a system that played over 150dbs daily on 1 volt preouts I am pretty sure it has to do with something else Okay. I'm thinking I may have damaged the rcas. My old audiopipe amp started clipping at only 1/4 gain with this same head unit. Pinched or maybe shorted when I ran wire. I'll just use process of elimination for my whole system. Thanks man.
Wicks Posted March 9, 2016 Report Posted March 9, 2016 I take it you have a multi-meter? Do a short test on the meter to check the leads. You then subtract that from the rest of the measurements. Measure some of the following: Headunit chassis to RCA outer conductor (should be close to zero). Continuity through the RCAs. Ground connection on the amp, and HU. Double check that the subs are in phase. What music source are you using? Are you sure its clean and at a reasonable level? Try checking the voltage outputs with 0dB tones. This post sent with 100% recycled electrons. 2004 BMW M3Mechman 280A 2 - XS Power XP30001 - XS Power D375 500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F) iPadMini2Dash mounted O-scopeAudison bitOne (Remote DRC MP) Highs Amp - PPI Art A404 Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...) DC Audio DC9.0K 2- DC Audio XL12m2LEGAL - 147.3dB @ 41Hz OUTLAW - 150.2dB @ 45Hz OUTLAW - 145.7dB @ 30Hz JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER 2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER SOTM BUILD:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026
forrest_siems Posted March 9, 2016 Author Report Posted March 9, 2016 I take it you have a multi-meter? Do a short test on the meter to check the leads. You then subtract that from the rest of the measurements. Measure some of the following: Headunit chassis to RCA outer conductor (should be close to zero). Continuity through the RCAs. Ground connection on the amp, and HU. Double check that the subs are in phase. What music source are you using? Are you sure its clean and at a reasonable level? Try checking the voltage outputs with 0dB tones. Should I use a higher volume level to set gains? Volume is on 26/35. It's a kenwood excelon head unit.
Wicks Posted March 9, 2016 Report Posted March 9, 2016 I take it you have a multi-meter? Do a short test on the meter to check the leads. You then subtract that from the rest of the measurements. Measure some of the following: Headunit chassis to RCA outer conductor (should be close to zero). Continuity through the RCAs. Ground connection on the amp, and HU. Double check that the subs are in phase. What music source are you using? Are you sure its clean and at a reasonable level? Try checking the voltage outputs with 0dB tones. Should I use a higher volume level to set gains? Volume is on 26/35. It's a kenwood excelon head unit. Excelons are usually clean all the way up, mine was anyway. But yeah, use the highest clean signal that you can attain with a clean source signal (tone) of your desired output level overlap. (0, -5dB, -10dB). This post sent with 100% recycled electrons. 2004 BMW M3Mechman 280A 2 - XS Power XP30001 - XS Power D375 500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F) iPadMini2Dash mounted O-scopeAudison bitOne (Remote DRC MP) Highs Amp - PPI Art A404 Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...) DC Audio DC9.0K 2- DC Audio XL12m2LEGAL - 147.3dB @ 41Hz OUTLAW - 150.2dB @ 45Hz OUTLAW - 145.7dB @ 30Hz JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER 2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER SOTM BUILD:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026
scooter99 Posted March 9, 2016 Report Posted March 9, 2016 Jamie, how is he going to find a clean signal with only a DMM? He needs something like an RTA or DD-1, or that little trickster thing you have in your dash doesn't he? Also, OP, if you're going to find the cleanest signal in your Head Unit, however it is you're going to do it, don't go through the RCA cables. Especially since your's sound like they're a little suspect. Go down the line, doing the checks that Wicks just told you about. Process of elimination. I don't know that anyone answered your earlier question. If they did my fault for not noticing it. But your amps and subs probably got hot, because they're most likely clipping due to not being set right. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my understanding. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.