Wire Size and Fuse Question

Hey guys, I purchased a Pioneer GM-D9601 amp which will be running at 1200 WRMS @ 1 ohm. I also purchased a KnuKonceptz KCA Complete 4 Gauge Amp Installation Kit and noticed that it comes with a 80A fuse but my amp has 3 40A fuses. Should I just get a 120A fuse for this wiring kit or should I return it and get their Kolossus 4 Gauge OFC Amplifier Installation Kit which comes with a 120A fuse but also $40 more? Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, I decided to ship the KCA Kit back and purchase the OFC Kit.

If it came with an 80 amp fuse it's for a reason.

If it was me I'd get a 1/0 ofc kit.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If it came with an 80 amp fuse it's for a reason.

If it was me I'd get a 1/0 ofc kit.

I think the 1/0 would be an overkill for me and I don't think the amps input terminals can accept it. Anyways, I think the 4 gauge OFC Kit will be good with the 120A fuse. If anything I can upgrade to 150A which is optional with that kit.

No such thing as overkill when it comes to electrical.

They make distribution blocks and Guage reducers for a reason.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

No such thing as overkill when it comes to electrical.

They make distribution blocks and Guage reducers for a reason.

Yeah but I can't justify the extra expense when I don't need it. I most likely won't be upgrading the system is this vehicle any further so it makes no sense for me to pay twice the amount for a 0 gauge OFC Kit. I'll save it for a big 3 upgrade kit!

I've got a run of 1/0 KCA for my 9601 and a 120a fuse. 4 gauge colossus should be just about the same, i just had the KCA left over from another build. My weak link is my alternator, so you should be alright. Your run is also probably going to be shorter than mine, and considering i have a .1v difference from battery to amp, you should be fine.

Don't trust a shop but you personally just smoked two decks, makes sense.

03' Trailblazer LT
Dayton Designer 6.5"s & Silkie tweeters
Dayton Audio Ultimax 18"
Pioneer 9601 & 8604
XS Power D3400
2 runs 1/0
Singer 250

I've got a run of 1/0 KCA for my 9601 and a 120a fuse. 4 gauge colossus should be just about the same, i just had the KCA left over from another build. My weak link is my alternator, so you should be alright. Your run is also probably going to be shorter than mine, and considering i have a .1v difference from battery to amp, you should be fine.

Perfect, thanks man.

Archived