Second Skin Audio

These worth it? Soundqubed

RyanRosier

I can think of a lot of manufacturers that would be considered entry level before the HDC3 line Soundqubed has.

I was referring to the general brand name alone (if anybody asked me on the street what brand subwoofers they would put in there car I would say do not get anything that's below american bass/soundqubed in terms of quality).

Ehh, I wouldn't make cost and country of origin as cut and dry as pertaining to quality.

Almost all manufacturers are made in China, and if not almost all parts are sourced from China and a few pieces put together in the States. Just seemed a little harsh in your description IMO. Although I can't really defend the soft parts issues people seemed to have in the past.

I can think of a lot of manufacturers that would be considered entry level before the HDC3 line Soundqubed has.

I was referring to the general brand name alone (if anybody asked me on the street what brand subwoofers they would put in there car I would say do not get anything that's below american bass/soundqubed in terms of quality).

Ehh, I wouldn't make cost and country of origin as cut and dry as pertaining to quality.

Almost all manufacturers are made in China, and if not almost all parts are sourced from China and a few pieces put together in the States. Just seemed a little harsh in your description IMO. Although I can't really defend the soft parts issues people seemed to have in the past.

Actually most of the high end amplifiers are outsourced to Korea (Zenon). SoundQubed subwoofers are assembled in Korea.

nothing wrong with soundqubed. altho if your looking to run big power in a daily basshead situation look elsewhere

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

How far does your experience (I mean you personally) go with the HDC3 series?

Bought it but decided to buy something better (never ran it but my co-worker who bought it from me is and i've heard it on multiple occasions).

Nothing wrong with soundqubed (to be honest brands like American bass and Soundqubed are what I consider true entry level, not brands like boss, pyle, planet audio, kicker).

Seems like the $300 price tags puts the HDC3 is a very niche market (those with mediocre electrical would be better off with something more efficient and those who have invested $800+ on electrical would rather pay a little more and get something that's custom built specifically for there goal).

The only issue I have is with the price and other options for the same amount (cookie cutter sub that can "take lots of power" for $300 is a joke, just off the top of my head I would rather have the SSA ICON or Fi BL).

many brands have both good and bad, until I order my new subs (and even after, since they will go back into the other car) I've got a pair of Planet Audio BB212D's that are doing pretty solidly, hitting in the low 140's in the car they will be returning to and louder then that in my SUV and sounding damned impressive for the 220 dollars for the pair that I paid for them brand new.

Actually most of the high end amplifiers are outsourced to Korea (Zenon). SoundQubed subwoofers are assembled in Korea.

Soundqubed amplifiers are built in Korea, however their subs are built in China.

I believe their aluminum voice coils are assembled in house, though.

Archived