Second Skin Audio

These worth it? Soundqubed

RyanRosier

So I just seen these... Worth it..? I dont have the room in a regular cab but man I would not mind having these. How cheap would I have to get em to become profitable for a resale?

BJVx4Ri.png

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

but man I would not mind having these

Don't know why you would really want them to be honest (Chinese sub using cheap off the shelf parts, isn't very efficient, and they want 300 new for it).

The SSA ICON 15 inch is 20 dollars more and its fully assembled in the States with the motor being built in house and the voice coiling coming from the USA (HDC3 is a ripoff, cheap cookie cutter design that can gobble up power).

well you can order them from SSA for 299 a piece BRAND NEW and as a general rule I always have found you will be lucky to get HALF what something cost new when you go to resell.

You get more than half during resale on most audio items...

but man I would not mind having these

Don't know why you would really want them to be honest (Chinese sub using cheap off the shelf parts, isn't very efficient, and they want 300 new for it).

The SSA ICON 15 inch is 20 dollars more and its fully assembled in the States with the motor being built in house and the voice coiling coming from the USA (HDC3 is a ripoff, cheap cookie cutter design that can gobble up power).

How far does your experience (I mean you personally) go with the HDC3 series?

Although, the SSA Icon is 304 right now on SSA, just will have to wait a while to get it, probably a month (4 weeks), but is a great quality woofer with great parts, and if you could wait, you would probably rather have for a daily music set up that can still get loud.

OP, with the price of the HDC3 being 300 new, I wouldnt buy used/second hand, even if never played (someone else has opened the box, no telling what has ACTUALLY been done to it), and for the extra peace of mind, I would pay the extra 50 per sub and just get new with the warranty that you know will be valid.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

well you can order them from SSA for 299 a piece BRAND NEW and as a general rule I always have found you will be lucky to get HALF what something cost new when you go to resell.

OP, with the price of the HDC3 being 300 new, I wouldnt buy used/second hand, even if never played (someone else has opened the box, no telling what has ACTUALLY been done to it), and for the extra peace of mind, I would pay the extra 50 per sub and just get new with the warranty that you know will be valid.

Really, where? i've never been able to get more then half what i've paid for any car/sound equipment (and thats getting the best possible deal online for NEW parts) i've ever sold and most of it was fairly new (several car parts never even installed), hell I can't even get people to come up with 300 bucks for a Eclipse Titanium 15 and custom box around here.

Really, where? i've never been able to get more then half what i've paid for any car/sound equipment (and thats getting the best possible deal online for NEW parts) i've ever sold and most of it was fairly new (several car parts never even installed), hell I can't even get people to come up with 300 bucks for a Eclipse Titanium 15 and custom box around here.

Not craigslist. Audio groups on facebook and other forums as well as this one.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

How far does your experience (I mean you personally) go with the HDC3 series?

Bought it but decided to buy something better (never ran it but my co-worker who bought it from me is and i've heard it on multiple occasions).

Nothing wrong with soundqubed (to be honest brands like American bass and Soundqubed are what I consider true entry level, not brands like boss, pyle, planet audio, kicker).

Seems like the $300 price tags puts the HDC3 is a very niche market (those with mediocre electrical would be better off with something more efficient and those who have invested $800+ on electrical would rather pay a little more and get something that's custom built specifically for there goal).

The only issue I have is with the price and other options for the same amount (cookie cutter sub that can "take lots of power" for $300 is a joke, just off the top of my head I would rather have the SSA ICON or Fi BL).

I can think of a lot of manufacturers that would be considered entry level before the HDC3 line Soundqubed has.

I was referring to the general brand name alone (if anybody asked me on the street what brand subwoofers they would put in there car I would say do not get anything that's below american bass/soundqubed in terms of quality).

Archived