Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I'm getting ready to start my build and I would like your opinion on what I have planed.

I have not been into the stereo seen in about 15years.

Head unit will be Kenwood can't remember what model I have.

The truck is a 1998 crew cab Chevy that at one time had a blow through enclosure so I will go back with a blow through.

For subs I have 2 Cerwin Vega HED 12" 4 ohm DVC subs to go in the blow through powered by a Treo RSX 1900.D that will be chambered. Each sub will be sealed at 1.25cuft and the chamber will be 2.5-3.0 cuft.

Also I will be running 1 Cerwin Vega 10" 2 ohm DVC in a sealed box at .75cuft on the transmission hump under the dash. That will be powered by a Kenwood KAC-7202 bridged 4ohms for 460X1.

For for mid bass I'm running a pair of Cerwin Vega Pro 6.5 mid bass drivers.

That will be powered by a Kenwood KAC-7202 at 150X2 that will go in the front doors.

Components are 2 pairs of Oz Audio 5.25 Matrix Elites that I have had sitting new in the box for years that will go in the kick panels and rear doors.

They will be powered by a Infinity a475

75X4.

And lastly I will be using my Eclipse 7 band parametric eq.

I also have a pair of OZ Audio Matrix

4X6"s that I could use in the rear pillars but not sure.

I will be running dual batteries and I do have a second d alt that I can put on also.

Any thoughts or ideas would be great.

I know it is a mix of different brands but I'm just using what I have already.

I also have 2 Rockford Fosgate P2D410's subs sitting around.

Posted

All that equipment you are going to need a DSP to get it to sound good and to blend. I would do away with the 10 inch sub, and 4x6. Do mid bass drivers and the Oz components you will be fine.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Posted

I sound's like it is going to be good I have a 2002 chevy 3500 duramax crewcab with 2 sundown audio sd-2 10"s under the rear seat with 2 audio pipe amplifiers at 1,200 watts rms kicker cs 10 6.5 inch door speakers clarion 75 x 4 speaker amp and the same sony head unit that steave mead has on his test bench. running a 110 amp alternator and 2 napa gold batteries under the hood with all 0 gauge wire with the big 3 times 2 for 2 batteries sounds great it shakes the cars next to you at a stop light.

Posted

Thank you.

Thoughts on either a PPI DSP-88R or a Soundstream Harmony?

The reason I was thinking about going with the 10" sub is to get a little tighter punch and I thought being separated that far away from the 12"s it may not have any blending problems.

Posted

Also if I do use a PPI DSP or Soundstream Harmony I would not use my Eclipse eq correct? Just run everything through the dsp and set it up on the computer right?

Posted

The Sound Stream Harmony and the PPi DSP are the same unit these have encountered alot of back ground noise in them. Helix Pro or you could upgrade headunit to one with built in DSP like the P99RS.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Posted

All that equipment you are going to need a DSP to get it to sound good and to blend. I would do away with the 10 inch sub, and 4x6. Do mid bass drivers and the Oz components you will be fine.

^^^^What he said.

Posted

Keep it simple sir.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 766 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...