Jump to content

2003 CHEVY MONTE CARLO P.O.S (BUDGET) BUILD


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hmmmmm. Something I realized while putting items back in the box... Angled amp inputs :fool: GODDDAAAMNNNN MAXXSONICS!!!

Anybody have any suggestions on a method to get 4ga wire into these? I cannot find angled 4 TO 8ga angled reducer inputs

76C18E07-7D28-4CD5-B6DD-F1D9E923A259.jpg

I warned you man lmao

haha, I have been trying to figure out how I could mount this POS. It was almost enough reason to upgrade the amp but I am not going to do so until my trunk build. I guess toolmaker will need to make me custom 4 to 8 angled inputs. I couldnt find any available on the net.

But What Do I Know?

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3.8

  • JVC KD-R975BTS
  • Clarion EQS746
  • Kenwood P907PS
  • Ascendant Audio 12" Havoc v.1
  • Ampere Audio 2000.1
  • MB Quart Onyx 800.4
  • XS Power D3400 - Hood
  • XS Power D975 - Trunk
  • Singer 240A
  • Sky High OFC 0 & 4 gauge
  • Kno Knoise Kolossus Deadener
Posted

Box is finished up now. Sanded down nicely and all edges rounded over. Still haven't decided if I will cover it in carpet or vinyl. I will be beginning the actual install portion this week sometime. All that is left will be to get my broken dash panel glassed and install my h/o alt once it arrives.

2.5cu tuned to 32hz. Double baffle with recessed wall. Simple, but sexy.

80CFBFD6-37A5-4C27-AB76-F1A911983434.jpg

Heavy duty push terminals. No need to worry about these collapsing.

19947F78-E605-424B-8F82-8451B17DE39D.jpg

But What Do I Know?

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3.8

  • JVC KD-R975BTS
  • Clarion EQS746
  • Kenwood P907PS
  • Ascendant Audio 12" Havoc v.1
  • Ampere Audio 2000.1
  • MB Quart Onyx 800.4
  • XS Power D3400 - Hood
  • XS Power D975 - Trunk
  • Singer 240A
  • Sky High OFC 0 & 4 gauge
  • Kno Knoise Kolossus Deadener
Posted

Hmmmmm. Something I realized while putting items back in the box... Angled amp inputs :fool: GODDDAAAMNNNN MAXXSONICS!!!

Anybody have any suggestions on a method to get 4ga wire into these? I cannot find angled 4 TO 8ga angled reducer inputs

76C18E07-7D28-4CD5-B6DD-F1D9E923A259.jpg

I warned you man lmao

haha, I have been trying to figure out how I could mount this POS. It was almost enough reason to upgrade the amp but I am not going to do so until my trunk build. I guess toolmaker will need to make me custom 4 to 8 angled inputs. I couldnt find any available on the net.

If you do let me know lol

wiring these these suck, even with my 2 mb quarts stacked on top of each other the top is still a pain in the ass

Posted

Thanks man. Its temporary. I have to dump the money into the engine and other parts that break down over time before I unload on the trunk. What good is bass if the car wont run.

But What Do I Know?

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3.8

  • JVC KD-R975BTS
  • Clarion EQS746
  • Kenwood P907PS
  • Ascendant Audio 12" Havoc v.1
  • Ampere Audio 2000.1
  • MB Quart Onyx 800.4
  • XS Power D3400 - Hood
  • XS Power D975 - Trunk
  • Singer 240A
  • Sky High OFC 0 & 4 gauge
  • Kno Knoise Kolossus Deadener
Posted

The block itself is wooden, with copper plating on the inside. wanted the finish to be the same all around. Not sure if I will wrap this in any material. The box itself is sexy and simple, not to mention smooth.

But What Do I Know?

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3.8

  • JVC KD-R975BTS
  • Clarion EQS746
  • Kenwood P907PS
  • Ascendant Audio 12" Havoc v.1
  • Ampere Audio 2000.1
  • MB Quart Onyx 800.4
  • XS Power D3400 - Hood
  • XS Power D975 - Trunk
  • Singer 240A
  • Sky High OFC 0 & 4 gauge
  • Kno Knoise Kolossus Deadener
Posted

So I purchased a SiNGER ALT from the man himself, a 220A that was supposed idle at 150A, and peak at 240A. What do you know, I got that, AND SOME!

IDLE OUTPUT AT 750 RPM

26EC9FFF-33EB-4F53-A048-7B339A99C69A.jpg

PEAK OUTPUT AT 3K BEFORE HEAT.. SINGER FTMFW :yahoo:

8B9F8092-0E50-4684-BB58-C2D0F5F9CF91.jpg

JUST SOME COSMETIC PHOTOS

31F49FBD-983C-44E8-B6F4-EB12A4636853.jpg

E04B805A-C37F-4D0E-A88C-67FFC827586A.jpg

But What Do I Know?

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3.8

  • JVC KD-R975BTS
  • Clarion EQS746
  • Kenwood P907PS
  • Ascendant Audio 12" Havoc v.1
  • Ampere Audio 2000.1
  • MB Quart Onyx 800.4
  • XS Power D3400 - Hood
  • XS Power D975 - Trunk
  • Singer 240A
  • Sky High OFC 0 & 4 gauge
  • Kno Knoise Kolossus Deadener
Posted

got some work done today and plan on getting the car deadened tomorrow and ready for install.

427C85FD-B098-4E81-8C2C-EA7F391AFDB5.jpg

needed to trim down the wire to fit the push terminals. ugly, but, won't be seen anyway..

ABB43B87-B145-484B-A5FD-4C2DB1609C82.jpg

End result..

8B2B6906-0871-4CC6-A16F-12303055331D.jpg

But What Do I Know?

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3.8

  • JVC KD-R975BTS
  • Clarion EQS746
  • Kenwood P907PS
  • Ascendant Audio 12" Havoc v.1
  • Ampere Audio 2000.1
  • MB Quart Onyx 800.4
  • XS Power D3400 - Hood
  • XS Power D975 - Trunk
  • Singer 240A
  • Sky High OFC 0 & 4 gauge
  • Kno Knoise Kolossus Deadener
Posted

the cut on this box was so precise, it took me a whole hour to get the sub placed correctly with the logo centered. banged my hands up a bit in the process, but, finally got it the way i wanted it. i will not be pleased when i recone this sub and have to take it out again lol.

D8030AAE-086E-4661-B0F4-84C74589AE7C.jpg

SO FLUSH AND SO CLEAN CLEAN

EF8635C9-D012-48D0-9747-44903BAFCDD0.jpg

But What Do I Know?

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3.8

  • JVC KD-R975BTS
  • Clarion EQS746
  • Kenwood P907PS
  • Ascendant Audio 12" Havoc v.1
  • Ampere Audio 2000.1
  • MB Quart Onyx 800.4
  • XS Power D3400 - Hood
  • XS Power D975 - Trunk
  • Singer 240A
  • Sky High OFC 0 & 4 gauge
  • Kno Knoise Kolossus Deadener

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1295 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...