Second Skin Audio

Type R Dual sub enclosure

If thats the only difference im ok with that. I will still get some measurements later on too just to see if i can get some more room if you think that would be recommended. Also, if a larger box will give me more output at tuning would that mean i would lose some output at the higher hz?

No, a larger box will not make you lose any output at higher frequencies, but it will make the lower frequencies sound louder relative to higher frequencies.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

If thats the only difference im ok with that. I will still get some measurements later on too just to see if i can get some more room if you think that would be recommended. Also, if a larger box will give me more output at tuning would that mean i would lose some output at the higher hz?

No, a larger box will not make you lose any output at higher frequencies, but it will make the lower frequencies sound louder relative to higher frequencies.

OK. If you recommend going with the bigger box i would rather go that way. Let me do some experimenting after work today to see if I could squeeze more space out of my trunk. About how much more room do you think would be sufficient?

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4
1/0 Knuconceptz Power/Ground

1/0 Sky High Big 3 Upgrade
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

OK. If you recommend going with the bigger box i would rather go that way. Let me do some experimenting after work today to see if I could squeeze more space out of my trunk. About how much more room do you think would be sufficient?

Well I'm not really recommending one way or another. It really depends on what's most important to you. If you prefer smoothing sounding bass the smaller box is probably the better choice. However if you want to get the most output you can, then going bigger will help you do that. I'd go up to 2 cu per sub if that's the case.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

15"D x 36"W x 15.5"H

I was driving when i posted this haha. These are the dimensions for the other configuration i could do to maximize avail space, not sure if this gains me anything. Any ideas would be great looking to start this build tomorrow. Im going to see if i can find torres on my computer somewhere i know i used to have it.

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

That box calculator doesn't account for sub displacement, and you probably want a double baffle for strength. Here is how it would do it.

20DC4lC.png

Alpine recommends a pretty small box for these subs (1.0 -1.5 cu ft each). You are right under 1.5 cu ft each. A larger box could get you additional performance, but if you don't have the space, then it doesn't matter.

I'm going to go with this option since i believe it will better suit my needs. I appreciate the help. Ill take some pics while im putting it together. I kinda want to do something custom to the box like a logo or something, see if im up to it haha. How could i take into account putting that outer corner piece in the port that I see on most builds with nice ports? Not sure what its called...

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

Dont have a pic. Its the piece in the outside corner of bend to make it a smother turn at the 90 sorry for being confusing haha. This is for a slotted port

Shitty Drawing i know.

IMG_2068_zpsq79mf0ek.jpg

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

It's basically just a small piece of mdf with 45° cuts on the ends so that it mounts flush to the corner. The important thing is that the distance from inside corner of the port to the centerline of that opposite corner brace is the same width as your port width.

I thought you were referring to this though.

SDC10085.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Thats a kerf'd port I think. Crazy how that's done. I think you answered my question though thank you sir!

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

So I'm trying to get the MDfF that I need and trying to make sense of this cut sheet. Is there anyway to get a 3D model to help me out?

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

Archived