voltage drop across wire

I don't use a fuse block only individual ANL fuse holders but I probably would clean up a lot of my wiring with a nice block. But, I think I did fix the problem by replacing the crimped lugs by the battery with some soldered one. Apparently my crimp job was not as good as I thought, I think within the next week or two I will just re-do all of my lugs with a nice solder job to avoid any future problems.

The d680 is still holding a nice charge at about 13 volts so it was not too damaged, but I did notice once I hooked my battery back up and got my four channel amp fired up the engine whine came back. Now I do have the d680 grounded to bare metal on the seat bolt (I know its a pretty bad ground but I will be changing it to run to the chassis once I get some more 0 gauge next week) but does the fact that there was no whine when the d680 was not hooked up mean that the problem is definitely with the ground or is it still possible it could be the rcas, hu, etc.?

It maybe a bad ground causing it if it was fine without that battery hooked up.

Can also be caused by your RCA cables being ran to close to your power wires.

If you ever plugged in or out your rca cables on the radio or the amp when the stereo was on (hot swapping) can cause the issue.

Ive even seen the vehicle radio antenna causing issues in some vehicles and when it was unplugged it was fine.

Glad you got your voltage issue figured out and it was a simple fix.

Archived