voltage drop across wire

Recently my electrical system has been going pretty crazy jumping from 10 to 14 volts while driving (pretty sure its due to bad grounds) and I tested by front battery (d3400) resting at 12.6-12.7 V (car is off at that point) and I checked my back battery (d680) which was running a fosgate p600.4 and it was at 11.4 V. Im pretty sure they ahould be at the same voltage.

I went ahead and checked the voltage at the end of my XS power OFC 1/0 and found it was at 11.4 Volts as well. I had another run of SHCA OFC zero gauge (not being used since subs aren't in) going to the back and measured it at 11.4 volts as well. How could something like this happen? Each run is fused at the front and back and nothing appears to be blown. My main question is, is this normal and if not how can I fix it?

that d680 is gone.. the amp was drawing from it and there was nothing topping it off.. put that battery on a charger to see if it can hold a charge.. fix the wiring and get a new rear battery. small batteries are easier to damage.. my brother D935 went bad just by sitting for a month.. my bikes battery did the same..

All of my connections are crimped with a hydraulic crimper, I think what I'm going to do is throw some solder on the already crimped terminals. I also noticed that once I took out the d680 and my amp was not hooked up my voltage stabilized and did not drop to 10V like it had previously. I threw the d680 on an intellicharger for a few hours and it's sitting right now (Currently at 13.1 V) hopefully it will still be at around 13 when I check it again in an hour. What type of voltage drop should I expect after fixing the connections, like .1-.2 Volts?

If a connection is properly crimped you shouldn't even be able to get it to absorb any solder.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Are you using an ANL fuse block ? I ask because another member on here had a really nice looking fuse block. too bad it had too much paint on it. so voltage looked good on the battery side and really shitty on the amp side.

Even open-ended terminals?

Those aren't really meant for crimping but yeah if it is crimped properly they should basically have become one and the copper stranding should have cold welded into one solid piece so there is no place for the solder to go.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived