Second Skin Audio

Upgrading but downsizing

DD 9912 would take some power but u got to give your sub a quality amp thats like trying to run a race car on E85 . Show your sub some love with good clean power.

tons of racecars are tuned to run e85..... that stuff has a crazy high octane rating and does wonders on 20psi turbo builds..... not a good comparison since its on par with running alcohol if tuned properly

If you are keeping the 600W amp I would probably go for the DC audio simply because there are recone kits available from the manufacturer not so for the Alpine. Modeling software doesn't show any major differences, only the Alpine has the higher power rating.

DD 9912 would take some power but u got to give your sub a quality amp thats like trying to run a race car on E85 . Show your sub some love with good clean power.

Off topic but alot of race cars run e85. Lots of turbo cars run it for the cooling and high resistance to knock

Ballin' on a budget.

If you want one ten to be louder than 2 tens then you need more power.

This is the correct answer. If you want a smaller box that gets louder, you'll need more power. A LOT MORE POWER. For instance, if you have two tens in a two cubic foot box getting six hundred watts, and you want to go down to one ten in a one cubic foot box, you have to raise the power to TWO THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED WATTS just to achieve the same SPL as before.

And *this* is why eighteens are basically the standard in prosound. You need a lot of displacement to get loud. And yes, I know that there are people hitting 150dB with a single eight, but those types of boxes are tuned to play one frequency.

If you want one ten to be louder than 2 tens then you need more power.

This is the correct answer. If you want a smaller box that gets louder, you'll need more power. A LOT MORE POWER. For instance, if you have two tens in a two cubic foot box getting six hundred watts, and you want to go down to one ten in a one cubic foot box, you have to raise the power to TWO THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED WATTS just to achieve the same SPL as before.

And *this* is why eighteens are basically the standard in prosound. You need a lot of displacement to get loud. And yes, I know that there are people hitting 150dB with a single eight, but those types of boxes are tuned to play one frequency.

yes I realize that now, I decided to go with the dc audio level 2 12" since it is the best option for me right now as far as box size needed but that is for your input I do appreciate it, I do have a question regarding the placement of the port, I was thinking about putting it on one of the side panels rather than on the same panel as the sub since I can't fit it in, would it affect sound quality and loudness?

Archived