Second Skin Audio

Upgrading but downsizing

Hey guys im fairly new to this forum but have done several searches before but with no recent findings. I currently have 2 kicker comp s running at 2 ohms pushing 600w rms in a pre fab ported box. I'm selling these subs to my friend and want to down size to a single 10in to have more room in my extended cab s10. I'm hoping to upgrade as far as sound output and will be building a ported box for it. I also want to use the same amp which is 600w rms at 2 ohms. I listen to rap, and hip hop. Thanks in advance

If you want one ten to be louder than 2 tens then you need more power.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

If u buy the crunch amp then u should probably buy the crunch sub and just be unhappy with your system 90 bucks for 900RMS don't think so.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

DD 9912 would take some power but u got to give your sub a quality amp thats like trying to run a race car on E85 . Show your sub some love with good clean power.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

In order to get twice as loud (3db) you need to double cone area or power. Going from 2 subs to 1 puts you 3db down. You would then need twice as much power to even be equal again. The only way to be louder is to put more than double to the single sub. The 900w crunch amp won't be better than the 600w kicker.

What you are trying to do is expensive but can be done. You are looking at an amp that is around $400 and a sub around $300. Otherwise you need something that is going to take up a bunch of room.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

U need a big budget to make it happen and it doesn't start with the word crunch, sorry man don't mean to be a dick u need to start looking at more quality products.Sundown, DD, Ascendent , FI,American bass , ect .Look around on the site good products here but nothing that starts with crunch.

Glad I came to you guys. I'm not dead set on having a louder system I just wanted to see if it was possible in my price range which it is not. With that being said what would be a good sounding sub in a box like 1 to 1.5 cubic feet powered at 600wrms at 2 ohms? The hds212 seems like a good choice but I want to see what other subs you guys recommend

Archived