Yadaddy Posted April 14, 2016 Author Report Posted April 14, 2016 So I think I can take something from everybody here so far. 1. It probably isn't worth walling 2.if I want to blow air I should fix my ac 3. I can learn more about ports, tuning etc. And can learn from making a very quality clean first setup that I can be happy with. 4. I believe there are ways I can still challenge myself with simple and have what I want... maybe an octoport? 5.yeah a 1200 watt wall sounds like a joke lol 6.bomb shelter boxes!! 7.jeepandbass is awesome. I subscribed lol Thank you all very much clean Sq install it is.
MotorCityFats13 Posted April 14, 2016 Report Posted April 14, 2016 No matter what you do it'll probably end up being upgraded later in some way, whether it's power or woofers or both. Build the shell like a bomb shelter and keep the baffle upgrade-able. thats what I was going to say.... build it with a removable baffle so upgrades would be way less painful... you can also build the box larger and displace some of the volume with some wood so you can really tune it up when you replace the subs and ports
bassfreak85 Posted April 14, 2016 Report Posted April 14, 2016 Your right. How it sounds is more important. I'm wanting to get as loud as possible on my budget. And that is another good point. Would it be worth the effort. Honestly It would be if I thought it would kick ass and sound good. What do you guys think I should do? This is my first system ever and I want it to be as good as it possibly can be interesting note. a good sealed off wall will have potential for less cancellation and phasing issues. plus you can hear the driver directly, not a reinforced wave bouncing off resonating panels.. hehe
Yadaddy Posted April 14, 2016 Author Report Posted April 14, 2016 Very good point. I didn't think of it like that
MotorCityFats13 Posted April 14, 2016 Report Posted April 14, 2016 I dont think anyone would have thought of that since it sounds made up and stupid... but hey he might be an acoustical engineer
Yadaddy Posted April 15, 2016 Author Report Posted April 15, 2016 Never doubt what you havnt seen right lol.
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted April 15, 2016 Report Posted April 15, 2016 What subs would you use if you walled it? Some people say cone area is king. I had four 15s in sealed boxes in the back of my truck and loved it. Now I have two 15s in a ported box on the same power and it is louder. I like my box but I always wonder what it would be like walled. lol 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
Yadaddy Posted April 15, 2016 Author Report Posted April 15, 2016 Either the machete line from alphard or 4 rockford fosgate p1 15s . Just my first 2 choices. Probably go alphard tho to feel exclusive lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.