Yadaddy Posted April 13, 2016 Report Posted April 13, 2016 I own a 2003 pt cruiser with stock electrical I'm getting a 1200 watt rockford fosgate amp And was gonna get 2 soundqubed hds2 15s But now I'm thinking maybe getting 4 300 watt 15s and walling off my hatch. Would this be louder than the other idea. Would it be awesome . Would it move lots of air. And would it even have a chance of a hair trick.I'm thinking with cone area taken into consideration this idea of go big or go tf home might be the way to go I'm thinkin rockford fosgate 15s. If anyone has a better idea with a reasonable price let me know.
Triticum Agricolam Posted April 13, 2016 Report Posted April 13, 2016 Four 15"s walled is definitely going to be louder than two non-walled 15"s on the same power. The question you need to ask yourself is if it's worth the effort to wall for a 1200 watt system. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted April 13, 2016 Report Posted April 13, 2016 I wouldn't waste my time and money walling for a low power system like that. Also you should care how it sounds not how much hair it blows, which is likely to be none on 1200 watts. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Yadaddy Posted April 13, 2016 Author Report Posted April 13, 2016 Your right. How it sounds is more important. I'm wanting to get as loud as possible on my budget. And that is another good point. Would it be worth the effort. Honestly It would be if I thought it would kick ass and sound good. What do you guys think I should do? This is my first system ever and I want it to be as good as it possibly can be
OrionStang Posted April 13, 2016 Report Posted April 13, 2016 First system? Keep it simple and learn. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Yadaddy Posted April 13, 2016 Author Report Posted April 13, 2016 Well I've installed several of my friends systems. And built boxes. So let's say I do keep it simple. 2 hds2 15s ported tuned to 35 hz. What would I learn? I guess even if I don't learn much I would end up with a decent setup and not something people would shake there head at lol
jk13 Posted April 13, 2016 Report Posted April 13, 2016 There's some great sounding walls out there. And an efficient setup could get you close to a big number if you test and tune a bunch (at one mic location, not ground pounder or demo monster status). Absolutely challenge yourself. But more importantly build it how you want it. Static drops are my bag.
Jessica Posted April 13, 2016 Report Posted April 13, 2016 I own a 2003 pt cruiser with stock electrical I'm getting a 1200 watt rockford fosgate amp And was gonna get 2 soundqubed hds2 15s But now I'm thinking maybe getting 4 300 watt 15s and walling off my hatch. Would this be louder than the other idea. Would it be awesome . Would it move lots of air. And would it even have a chance of a hair trick.I'm thinking with cone area taken into consideration this idea of go big or go tf home might be the way to go I'm thinkin rockford fosgate 15s. If anyone has a better idea with a reasonable price let me know. i would say just run the HDC's in a nice box. Trying to wall on 1200 watts doesnt seem like a great idea. Here is another idea though, wall it and then upgrade later and run more power. But then you are just spending more money that way. Also, im pretty sure RF has odd ball cutout sizes on most their subs. So walling then upgrading later might cause issues. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
jk13 Posted April 13, 2016 Report Posted April 13, 2016 No matter what you do it'll probably end up being upgraded later in some way, whether it's power or woofers or both. Build the shell like a bomb shelter and keep the baffle upgrade-able. Static drops are my bag.
IH8PunkRok Posted April 13, 2016 Report Posted April 13, 2016 A low power wall done right is hugely impressive Look at jeepandbass. 3.5k doing a 57 Shit mine even impressed people and it does just shy of a 50 on 1300 watts Get crazy with it. It's really easy to swap amps and even subs. Build the wall to be loud and you won't regret it -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.