New Car!! New Build!! What headunit to get?

The prs isn't setup to run a 3-way front stage, it's setup for a 2-way active front stage and a substage.

If you want a head unit that can manage a 3-way active front stage plus a substage without adding a processor you'd need a dex-p99rs

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The prs isn't setup to run a 3-way front stage, it's setup for a 2-way active front stage and a substage.

If you want a head unit that can manage a 3-way active front stage plus a substage without adding a processor you'd need a dex-p99rs

They say there is a switch on the bottom of the unit. It can do both 2 way and 3 way active. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-80PRS

The 3-way active is highs, mids, sub.

You don't have to believe me if you don't want to but you'll be upset when you order it and find out I'm right.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

OK got ya. The std side of the switch is for front , rear and sub . The network side is for low ( sub ) mid and highs. Still not a deal breaker.

Eaxatly the way it works.

You could still do a 3-way front stage if you left it on front, rear, sub and incorporated a processor.

If im not mistaken, every alpine unit ive ever had has had the blackout mode for night. Just a thought.

Not my 164BT, I have been all through the owners manual ( paper and online version ) pushed and held in on every button and still have not found a black out mode/function/feature.

Holy crap, the DEX P99RS is 1200 bucks , looks very nice though and one might not need a separate DSP with that bad boy.

Archived