Help Me Find Out What My Prob Is

I run 12-kinetic 2400 & 1 - 2000

These batteries need 2.6-2.8 volts per cell to see a full charge. There are 6 cells per 2400 thats 16.8volts. Since I run mine at 16.2v COLD they stabilize @ 15.8 or so when hot. This is no where near (dangerously overcharging ) in fact its about a volt shy of even full charge.

Not sure what a dying 16v is ? I'm charging @ 16v not trying to run a 16v system. A 16v is acutally a 16.9v with 7 cell @ 2.6-2.8 per cell this app.would need to charge @ 18.9 to 19.8v (pending on the amount of batteries). Please help I have never heard of a dying 16v? Thank you,

MLA

Ive never heard of "safely" charging at 2.6 to 2.8 volts per cell. I was taught that 2.583 per cell is the max safe voltage so when you said 16.2, i assumed you were over charging a 12 volt system (12.66-15.49) or you had a 16 volt system that should be between 16.88 and 20.66.

8 cells at 16.2 would be a "dying 16v system" in my opinion. :D

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

i had a new trailblazer for a loaner car and everytime i would start is up it would hit about 16.3 volts and would never go under about 15.5, now im thinking it had a problem :o

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Just curious Logan, why are you hell bent on not buying a new HO alt? I know for some cars it can be a bitch to install. Just curious.

its just not something i wanna do, ive done alot of work on the engine, with the upgrades and what not to it.....and its just not something id like to do with an alt, plus i dont think i NEED too with the power im going to be taking, im not gonna be doin 10k+ so i dont think ill have a issue, i think ima buy the missing link, and be good, its a 130 amp alt stock...so i should be ok...thanks for all the help people

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Ive never heard of "safely" charging at 2.6 to 2.8 volts per cell. I was taught that 2.583 per cell is the max safe voltage so when you said 16.2, i assumed you were over charging a 12 volt system (12.66-15.49) or you had a 16 volt system that should be between 16.88 and 20.66.

8 cells at 16.2 would be a "dying 16v system" in my opinion. :D

I understand people have opinions. Older cars use to charge @ 14.7 for a 12volt system. We are having a standered unit charge 15.5 COLD to stabilize @ 14.7v Look up optima , kinetic , ect... they say 14.4 to 14.8 is a safe charge voltage! With newer cars your charging voltage is controlled by your computer. Think about it you only get a 1-2 yr warranty on new car batteries if the don't charge all the way they wont last as long you think they don't know this. I run 2-200amp alternators @ 16.2 COLD 15.6-15.8 HOT as a daily driver with 13 batteries I have enough storage to use the amps.(note:16 .2 is a special unit for my amount of batteries) On a normal 1-4 battery set up 15.5COLD 14.7 Hot does fine. We have a Ford 150 with a 9yr old shelf battery it has been taking a 15+ voltage charge for 4 years now no problems. Not sure on your 8 cell thing but mine is based on kinetic 6-cell 12v and their 16.9volt batteries are 7 cell. An 8 cell battery would need more voltage than I'm using now! If you take YOUR 16v calculations and use the 2.8volts max per cell x 7 cells = 19.6 (you your self said 16.88 and 20.66) Really how much different is 2.583(you) to what I said 2.6. Please

EDIT)

Never heard of a 12v 8 cell battery. If you take your 2.583 x 6 cells = 15.48 which is a standered MLA module set point COLD 15.5v. After the alt warms up it will stablelize at 14.7 well in YOUR safe zone even. Correct

Edited by missinglink

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

If you take YOUR 16v calculations and use the 2.8volts max per cell x 7 cells = 19.6 (you your self said 16.88 and 20.66) Really how much different is 2.583(you) to what I said 2.6. Please

EDIT)

Never heard of a 12v 8 cell battery.

If you take your 2.583 x 6 cells = 15.48 which is a standered MLA module set point COLD 15.5v. After the alt warms up it will stablelize at 14.7 well in YOUR safe zone even. Correct

I wasnt talking about 7 cell batts and ive never heard of an 8 cell 12V battery either. :blink:

lol...and thanks, you just verified that im right.

If you take your 2.583 x 6 cells = 15.48 which is a standered MLA module set point COLD 15.5v.

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

I wasnt talking about 7 cell batts and ive never heard of an 8 cell 12V battery either. :blink:

lol...and thanks, you just verified that im right.

LOL what :

I only verified that our numbers are so close when you were stating that a 15.5v charge was unsafe but add up your own 2.583@ 6 cells = 15.498. Sorry for the pissin match guy's but damn!!!

My quote:

Since I run mine at 16.2v COLD they stabilize @ 15.8 or so when hot. This is a custom unit for the amount of batteries I have and use for demo's. We have a standard module that will charge 4-6 batteries, its set point is 15.5 COLD when hot it will stabilize @ 14.7

LOL : This is your statement where you mentioned the 8cell battery. (sorry)

QUOTE(SPL2K @ Apr 22 2008, 11:58 AM)

8 cells at 16.2 would be a "dying 16v system" in my opinion.

MLA: Thanks you for the battle though , Good times Good times

Edited by missinglink

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...