Help Me Find Out What My Prob Is

ok just checked it, i am at around 14 idle and a lil under 15 when revved, and only drop to 12 volts full tilt...now here is my question

last night i was commin home and was thumpin pretty hard and noticed my head lights dim a bit ever time the bass would hit....i dont get this cause im not droppin real low...i mean at 12 volts i dont think i should be havin this problem....any1 wanna chime in and help me find out whats up!!?? please and thanks

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

any voltage drop, even if it remains above 12v will cause a dimming effect. With the exception of HID kits, bulbs work alot like an unregulated power supply, the more they get fed the brighter they get. You are staying above 12v so I wouldn't worry about it. I can only assume that the volt readings you are working with are from a proper volt gauge or meter, not the stock one in the dash (not always accurate)

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

my car does the same even with the big 3 a new alternator and a kinetik 1400 in the back.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

any voltage drop, even if it remains above 12v will cause a dimming effect. With the exception of HID kits, bulbs work alot like an unregulated power supply, the more they get fed the brighter they get. You are staying above 12v so I wouldn't worry about it. I can only assume that the volt readings you are working with are from a proper volt gauge or meter, not the stock one in the dash (not always accurate)

i dont have one in the dash, its from a outside source, the unit does multiple read outs and im sure its accurate

i have 2 batteries now and was planning on buying a powermaster d3100 down the road when i upgrade my amp, is this something i should do, or just not be worried about what it is now

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

I wouldn't worry about it... How bad is it dimming?

not that bad, but i can notice it, i can notice more in the dash console, i can see the lights for the gauges dim more than the headlights...i mean i can still see, its not like its so bad i cant see, but i can notice it (if u look close im sure you could too)

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

leave it, if you are staying above 12v I would save the money till you are going to upgrade your amps then you will need more storage and maybe more output from your alt. Have you seen the MLA product, It worked on mine. I just wanted something to beef up my HO alt enough to charge all 4 batteries without a problem.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

leave it, if you are staying above 12v I would save the money till you are going to upgrade your amps then you will need more storage and maybe more output from your alt. Have you seen the MLA product, It worked on mine. I just wanted something to beef up my HO alt enough to charge all 4 batteries without a problem.

its my stock alt...and i wanna keep that, its 130 amp, ive seen the mla products but did not kno if they worked for stock alts or not

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

Saying you were at 12 volts is a pretty broad spectrum since 12.66 is fully charged and 12.45 is very low. If your amp or a combination of amps, headlights, radio, brake lights etc is drawing more current than your alternator is putting out and you start getting close to or below 12.66 you will have dimming lights. Thats normal.

Edited by SPL2K

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

Saying you were at 12 volts is a pretty broad spectrum since 12.66 is fully charged and 12.45 is very low. If your amp or a combination of amps, headlights, radio, brake lights etc is drawing more current than your alternator is putting out and you start getting close to or below 12.66 you will have dimming lights. Thats normal.

so in other words, i shouldnt worry?? and its low 12 volt, idk xact, but its low 12 volts....i dont know if its something i should worry about in the furute cause im only pullin 2k watts now, and when everything is done itll be around 4.5-5k, with 2 batts unless i need to buy a third

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg