Battery cooling - fan speed controller

How do setup a fan speed controller on 2 of these fans?

1 fan on the left side of my battery box front panel will be pushing and 1 fan on the right side side of my battery box will be pulling. I will be making a new panel on to be used during the PHX summer heat.

The goal is to setup that fans and keep the batteries cool while demoing this summer.

Story behind the cooling.

These is based on from when I noticed the issue.

We had a couple bass meets last year when it was like 107 degrees at 7pm.

Mechman charge voltage didnt drop below like 14.3v

the 3 batteries closest to my front to back runs vented and of course corrosion appeared between the post and my terminals.

what does this mean, I was charging to high for the tempature the batteries were at.

And no the plexiglass cover wasnt on while I was demoing.

other things learned last summer.

when it's a sunny day and 105 out.

the tonneau cover is like 180

the batteries are like 128 and the terminals are like 140. <-- this was resting, no charging

No this issue didnt happen to just me last year. there was a couple of us.

Batteries are still good and I wanna keep them that way

http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Radiator-Cooling-Mount-Unversal/dp/B014KK7M06/ref=sr_1_20?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1460401028&sr=8-20&keywords=10%22+inch+Black+Slim+Fan+Push+Pull+Electric+Radiator+Cooling

71sjGQr-1kL._SL1024_.jpg
20150525_142251_zpsfhtz5a8u.jpg

Hey bro, I know that you know what youre doing, but since you posted, I will toss in my $.02

I would just wire the fans to come on either a) when you start the truck or B) when you turn on the system. I say that because it's not like the draw from those fans is going to kill your voltage, for like 9 months out of the year theyd be on all the time anyways, even with a temp sensor switch, and last but not least, it's less work.

If you really want to do it, I would just get a TM-1 from the man.

Didn't steve use one of his temp meters on one of those fans for the shop pony

Hey bro, I know that you know what youre doing, but since you posted, I will toss in my $.02

I would just wire the fans to come on either a) when you start the truck or B) when you turn on the system. I say that because it's not like the draw from those fans is going to kill your voltage, for like 9 months out of the year theyd be on all the time anyways, even with a temp sensor switch, and last but not least, it's less work.

And the TM-1 is a good idea.

UGH!!!!! 9months out of the just sucks.

I forgot about that he did that setup

because of noise. I am just hoping to not have them run full tilt until needed. Since the truck is not my daily, I also like to have them run about half speed when the truck is parked.

And the TM-1 is a good idea.

UGH!!!!! 9months out of the just sucks.

I forgot about that he did that setup

because of noise. I am just hoping to not have them run full tilt until needed. Since the truck is not my daily, I also like to have them run about half speed when the truck is parked.

iirc in the shop pony vid he has them set to 3 stages off medium and high

Archived