Big 3 question

Hey guys quick question

Was looking at my electrical system

To determine how much wire I need and I noticed that I ha've two coming off the negative. Battery terminal one to chassis one to engine but all the upgrade call for engine to chassis and battery To chassis just

Making sure that's pretty much the same and there will be no issue when I go do the big 3 98 Subaru Forrester

on the negative side do battery to chassis and battery to alternator, engine will work but its better to go straight to the source and do not remove the factory cables.... if any of the factory grounds get routed through a black plastic ring you will have to rethink what you are doing

on the negative side do battery to chassis and battery to alternator, engine will work but its better to go straight to the source and do not remove the factory cables.... if any of the factory grounds get routed through a black plastic ring you will have to rethink what you are doing

Ok mine shows alternator to battery positive then battery negative to chassis and then engine to battery negative all stock. So what battery to alternator are you talking about?

run a ground wire from the battery negative post to a mounting location on the alternator and this will be your battery to engine ground wire since its closer to the alternator and that is the main point of making the engine ground better

Ok makes since so I still run another negative to chassis right? And since mine has one going.to the engine from negative battery do I add one to that also or just do positive to alt and negative to negative alt like you said and then negative to chassis?

battery negative to chassis, battery negative to alt case/mounting bracket, battery positive to alt positive. like so:

battery negative to chassis, battery negative to alt case/mounting bracket, battery positive to alt positive. like so:

I'm with you on that but. Like I said mine has another one coming from the.negative to the block do I need to upgrade that one as well or just leave it?

you can, but your alt is also attached to your block, no? so by grounding the mounting point for the alt, you're already grounding the block. which is what MotorCityFats13 said too

run a ground wire from the battery negative post to a mounting location on the alternator and this will be your battery to engine ground wire since its closer to the alternator and that is the main point of making the engine ground better

you can, but your alt is also attached to your block, no? so by grounding the mounting point for the alt, you're already grounding the block. which is what MotorCityFats13 said too

So if so it's not necessary. Are you asking if it is or telling me lol

I would have to look it's almost mounting where yours is in that picture

I'm telling you. Just in a questioning way. Sorry, it's the way i explain some things. Asking questions makes people think in my experience.

You can do the negative to your block as well if you'd like, for ease of mind if nothing else. it won't cause any harm, as some people do that anyways by increasing the big three to the big four and sometimes the big 5. it's just personal preference. I'm content with three.

Archived