Sundown Audio

Amp suggestions

aBav20

Love how this started as a amp thread and is now system thread

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Okay thanks for the suggestions and information. I'm definitely getting a custom box made for whatever sub I get next. I've also been thinking... I might as well spend a few more dollars and get a DD 15 700 series sub. I know where to get one for a decent price that's not much more than an American Bass sub.

You must have a REALLY good connection

I contacted 6 dealers for an DD 712 Redline and the lowest price I got was $320 for a sub that's advertised as a "budget china woofer" (thats a freaking joke). The SSA ICON which uses american voice coil/motor (and is fully assembled in the USA) sells for less than that.......

DD Redline 715 would be good if you can get it for $250 or under (any more and I would look elsewhere). The american made SSA ICON 15 sells for $320 and the american made Fi BL 15 sells for $324 (if you can't get the Redline for under $250 then that's the next bracket I would be looking at)

I talked to a guy today from a local car audio shop that I visited a couple times. I'm getting my custom box made from here as well. He said he can sell me a DD 715 for $250. I figured that was a good price but after seeing your post it must be an excellent price. I might even be able to talk him down a little bit when I remind him I'm buying a custom box from him. How well would the 700 series compare to a 3500 series sub? I'm asking because their RMS power ratings are identical. Would you think there would be a huge audible difference if I threw them both on the same amp?

I talked to a guy today from a local car audio shop that I visited a couple times. I'm getting my custom box made from here as well. He said he can sell me a DD 715 for $250. I figured that was a good price but after seeing your post it must be an excellent price. I might even be able to talk him down a little bit when I remind him I'm buying a custom box from him. How well would the 700 series compare to a 3500 series sub? I'm asking because their RMS power ratings are identical. Would you think there would be a huge audible difference if I threw them both on the same amp?

Performance wouldn't change much and it would all be based on the box. I don't think the 3500's would be worth the price.

If you can get the 715 in a custom box for a good price then that's a fantastic choice (MSRP price aside, it's a good woofer).

If I had been able to get the 712 for under $500 a pair I would of jumped on it (DD makes great quality products, usually the only complaints I ever see from them is price on some of there products).

Archived