Second Skin Audio

Two fifteens or one eighteen on same power???

Im after visceral feel bass like at concert for example. Iv always ran 10s or 12s and am ready to make the jump to some big boys. I noticed several single larger sub setups iv heard seem to have a better sq and impact to them somehow like they can do something that multiple smaller drivers cant. Im obsessing over surface area versus power compression issues in a single sub setup but it seems like single subs couple with the cabins airspace better and are more visceral with a cleaner sound somehow. Im kinda leaning toward a single FI Q 18 after hearing one because of the realistic bass drum hits and also the low end was impressive on some old DJ Magik Mike stuff. Any suggestions would b greatly appreciated trying to decide between two 15s or one 18 on same power (1500 rms). I run ported and gonna do a wall in my honda port and sub forward sealed off w aeroports and looks like i can go up to about 9 cubic feet max. Already got plenty of 8inch pipe ready and itchin to get my build goin!!!!! If i go with the 2 fifteens il have more coil and surface area but again i keep noticing a better visceral feel w larger single sub setups and was really impressed w the FI Q.

Im already fantasizing about a SQ box with the Q @ about 9 cubes tuned to 28hz but worried i might get better output and less power compression with two good 15s! All opinions and responses greatly appreciated and really love the sight wow a bunch of stereo lovers like me!!!!

Im not trying to be a dick but I dont think you will be impressed with either on such low power, its a lot a work to wall a car and IMO would be a waste to spend that much time on a wall just to throw in a 18 or 2 15s on 1500w

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

No no offense at all bro, I was kinda thinking the same thing actually and my amp is getting a lil old anyway. Willing to spend a lil and do it right because i do love bass and dont mind workin on the car at all. Pretty sure 3k would be enough for me as im 41 now but old habits die hard, was already thinking 2 FI Q 15s or a SP4 18 but open to others just a fan after hearing a Q

Again im a lil older and havnt researched equipment recently, figured guys in here would know alot more about recent amps and subs. Iv heard alot of good things about the AA audio and upper level sundown stuff too. Would kinda like to keep the budget around 1k and dont need to go over 3000 watts as im already a lil deaf haha

Also im talking about just walling the opening to the trunk behing the seats and sealing that off not pulling the seats out, still wanna rock it stealth style, iv done the measurements and can fit the 2 15s or one 18 for sure. Also work isnt a problem as iv recently learned to fiberglass and wow its fun

Archived