Sundown Audio

Q3500 High Pitch Noise

Mr DeeBeez

Transistors make that noise when they are under a lot of power. I have heard 24VDC power supplies scream like that when they are loaded sometimes. I had a 12v power supply one time that had a shorted crow bar transistor that caused the main power transistors scream. The intermittent nature leads me to believe that there is a bad solider joint in your amp that causes the FETs to bias incorrectly and scream. You can run it to failure or pull it and have it checked.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I am sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the head unit and or any other unit that has signal passing through it. on your system have a direct ground and power ran from the battery.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

You might see where a solider joint or a component got hot but sometimes there is nothing to see. Capacitors with a swollen top is a sign they are hurt. Having an amp mounted to the box can crack a joint or a trace and it would be so small you would never see it. Back in the day I repaired intermittent cell phones by reflowing all the solider joints and most of the time that cured them. If you run it to failure, the cost to fix it will go up.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I am sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the head unit and or any other unit that has signal passing through it. on your system have a direct ground and power ran from the battery.

Ok, so your saying to wire the headunit directly to the battery, and avoid using the wiring harness? i could give that a shot, but i have a Q90-4 and that has no noise coming from it.

You might see where a solider joint or a component got hot but sometimes there is nothing to see. Capacitors with a swollen top is a sign they are hurt. Having an amp mounted to the box can crack a joint or a trace and it would be so small you would never see it. Back in the day I repaired intermittent cell phones by reflowing all the solider joints and most of the time that cured them. If you run it to failure, the cost to fix it will go up.

I will take it out when i get some free time and give the insides a look. Will report back if i find something. Thank you all for your input

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived