Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Soundstream T7 Ported Box build


L053R

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all, I'm relatively new to the car audio world, I've done a few installs and built a box or two. I built a ported box from a blueprint I bought from caraudiofabrication.com, so I didn't have to work out all of the tuning and port length, volume, I just had to cut out each little piece and put em together. But I would like to build a box for my Soundstream T7 15 without spending 40 bucks on a CAD design. The building part is easy, but I want to know how I can design/tune a ported box for the T7. I have no idea how to calculate displacement and port and brace volume, port length, or frequency response... just thinking about all that kinda makes my head spin lol. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted

I would head over to bcae1.com. Its a great comprehensive car audio information website. The guy knows his stuff. It has a great box calculator that takes into account displacement of the sub, the port and other factors.

Posted

you can download Torres box calculator. it will tell you all the info you need for the box. you can also download winisd to model different size boxes for the subs to figure out response. both programs are free.

Posted

Hi all, I'm relatively new to the car audio world, I've done a few installs and built a box or two. I built a ported box from a blueprint I bought from caraudiofabrication.com, so I didn't have to work out all of the tuning and port length, volume, I just had to cut out each little piece and put em together. But I would like to build a box for my Soundstream T7 15 without spending 40 bucks on a CAD design. The building part is easy, but I want to know how I can design/tune a ported box for the T7. I have no idea how to calculate displacement and port and brace volume, port length, or frequency response... just thinking about all that kinda makes my head spin lol. Any help is greatly appreciated!

If you really want to learn how to do this your self pm me and I will give you a hand on how to do so.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2098 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...