Nice Posted May 13, 2016 Report Posted May 13, 2016 How many watts will bank of 5 super caps, 2.7 volt each, supply?
mrd6 Posted May 13, 2016 Report Posted May 13, 2016 What alt? Are you running with batteries or no? With a decent alt, 5 banks should be good for around a 5-7k amp. I have 8 banks with a 240amp alt powering 4 saz3500s. It's not quite enough right now but with a second alt I'd be able to play all day and keep voltage in the 13s My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
audiofanaticz Posted May 13, 2016 Report Posted May 13, 2016 He is talking 1 bank of 5 caps, not 5 banks of caps. Also it is ideal to use 6 caps in the bank unless you will never charge the bank of caps past 13.5volts, anything higher failure of the caps is guaranteed.
mrd6 Posted May 13, 2016 Report Posted May 13, 2016 He is talking 1 bank of 5 caps, not 5 banks of caps. Also it is ideal to use 6 caps in the bank unless you will never charge the bank of caps past 13.5volts, anything higher failure of the caps is guaranteed. Lol I though he just messed up how he was asking the question. Yes, op, don't use only 5 caps. You want 6 caps in series for a 12 v system. That would be considered a single bank. Then you could parallel multiple banks for higher capacity. My original answer was if you were using 5 banks. My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
Nice Posted May 14, 2016 Author Report Posted May 14, 2016 Sorry for the confusion guys, 6 caps x 2.7 volts = 16.2 volts, or did I do it wrong? Wow I'm really old school. I use to have 16 group 31 batteries for one of my musical systems. I'm trying to educate myself on this cap technology lol.
Leo1103 Posted May 14, 2016 Report Posted May 14, 2016 Sorry for the confusion guys, 6 caps x 2.7 volts = 16.2 volts, or did I do it wrong? Wow I'm really old school. I use to have 16 group 31 batteries for one of my musical systems. I'm trying to educate myself on this cap technology lol. 16.2v max charge voltage, you don't need to charge them that high though, i ran 6 banks of 6 2.7v cells charging between 14.7 and 15.2 2002 Honda CR-VAlpine 9887My BuildRebuilding... Second Skin Damp 4 DC XL 15's 2 DC 5ks Singer 320 amp 6 cap banksSky High wire 2 VM-1's OM-1 all under window line Team DC Audio Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way. I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.
Leo1103 Posted May 14, 2016 Report Posted May 14, 2016 2 dc 5ks at .7 each with 6 cap banks, a singer 320 and a d5100r up front 2002 Honda CR-VAlpine 9887My BuildRebuilding... Second Skin Damp 4 DC XL 15's 2 DC 5ks Singer 320 amp 6 cap banksSky High wire 2 VM-1's OM-1 all under window line Team DC Audio Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way. I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.
hdorre Posted May 15, 2016 Report Posted May 15, 2016 i ran 6 banks of 6 2.7v cells charging between 14.7 and 15.2lol On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Nice Posted May 15, 2016 Author Report Posted May 15, 2016 OK here's where I'm getting confused. Did you mean you are running 1 bank of 6 caps per amplifier or 6 complete banks for the 2 amps?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.