Second Skin Audio

New member with Port questions

if you have ~3.7cuft for your subs then 50sqin would only be 13.5 sqin per cube. It should be more if you are gonna throw 2k or more to those subs. Thats just my .02

It is 3.7cubes before subs and port are factored in to it.. and im only gonna be pushing around 1k to them ... so what do you guys think my port volume should be? 50in^3 is 3.5 inch tall 44 inch long(18 of which is outside the rest of the box) and that seems huge to me idk. But if its how its supposed to be i guess ill build it like that

The port would be signifigantly shorter if it was 2.5 tall but only 30in^3.. this is so confusing lol

Yes, but might give you port noise and will significantly reduce the efficiency of the ported box.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I think you want at least 3.7 cuft after port and subs on that power. Then add the port. Otherwise you might as well just go sealed or do one 12 ported.

The 1k rms ones.. i already have one in a ported box in my truck at around 650 watts now but i just bought another and wanted to build a dual box for it and run them at 1k.. and also i could do an 18 inch port that would keep the box at 3.7 cubes but to tune that it would be skinny and not anywhere near the 16in per foot that is recomended

In 3.7 cubic feet net, a single 8inch PSP aeroport 30inches long will tune you at 32.xxhz, giving you 50in^2 of port area. Subs up, port at the bottom facing to the rear, extended externally enough to give a minimum of 8inches between the inside wall of the enclosure and the beginning of the port (~22inches inside of the enclosure, 8inches external).

Box is done. Thanks for the help guys. It was 4.9xx cubes before the port and subs were put in and after i finished and installed it its around 3.8 cubes.. i used a slot port 4 inches tall and 31 inches long to tune it to around 32 hz. It sounds great! Thanks for the help guys. Heres the design from the side Snapchat-8234595644777695082_zps4wa6h3c9 ill get more pics tonight of how it sits in the truck. Its still not carpeted or anything but wow this thing hits low. Again, thanks to all and ill be sure to recomend friends with audio related questions to this sight

Archived