Second Skin Audio

2002 dodge ram quad cab subs?.. 2 JL TW1, TW3, or Alpine SWR-T12

.....Anyone that would actually like to help instead of flaming JL,

If you took a look at the sub I suggested in my previous post, it MIGHT fit your box and would probably work very well for what you are trying to do.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Most people are not hating on jl . They make decent audio. There hating that people think there like the best thing out there and "people dont like them cause they cant afford jl". . Iv had experience with about every model jl sub and there forsure is way better out there for less money. . Just cause a company is expensive doesn't mean there the best

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

Probably think the w7 is the best sub you can possibly get

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

JL is far from shit, dude is dumb.

.....Anyone that would actually like to help instead of flaming JL,

If you took a look at the sub I suggested in my previous post, it MIGHT fit your box and would probably work very well for what you are trying to do.

Thanks. I was starting to think maybe I should go somewhere else where people don't discriminate against people who prefer certain brands. The reason why I Want to go JL to be honest with you is first off. I have a JL JX400/4d mids and highs amp, and just bought a JL JX1000/1D mono Amp. So my thought was to keep everything in unison.

The reason I picked JL to be honest is when I was in my teens doing my first car installs I could never afford JL speakers and amps myself. I always had to settle for earthquake, soundstream, or whatever I could find used. Lets just say I was poor and my family didn't have any money and all I could ever afford was someones hand me downs. I always wanted JL because when I was 16 (18 years ago) JL was top of the line and anyones system I ever heard that had JL's pounded and sounded nice and clean with hardly any distortion. So when I got about 19 yrs old one of my friends needed money and he had 1 JL W6 15 for $90 with the box!! I was like hell yea jackpot in my price range. I got it and paired it with the only amp I had and actually still have to this day a Phoenix gold ms275 amp and put it in the back of my ford probe and it hit and beat hard. made the hair stand up and it was never even pushed to its full potential. I still have the JL w6 15 as well. I had 2 more but i'm pretty sure a ex-friend of mine broke into my house and stole them from me. I never got to hear all 3 together but i'm sure it would have been breath taking.

Well now I'm a grown man and I have a pretty good job so I'm like on a mission to buy things that I always wanted growing up because I could never afford them new and also my parents did not make enough money or cared to give me any money. I've lived a pretty hard life up to this point. I always told myself if i get a good job I will buy everything JL if I can afford it givin its somewhat reasonable. So I have 2 brand new JL amps finally and thats just what I prefer. I know JL is good and I'll never knock them. IMO JL just keeps getting better from what i read review wise and on other sites that aren't biased against them. If you want to hate because I like JL then go ahead.

So yes I did want to stick with JL to keep it unison with my amps. But I'm starting to wonder if i"m going to be able to because of my restrictions with the truck box I have to install under my back seats. If the TW1's don't fit I'm wondering if the TW3's will even fit shallow mount wise. I do know the WXv2's and the W0s fit but there not made for a small enclosure like mine. but they do fit and sound OKAY, maybe its cuz its a sealed box and this is my first experience with a sealed box. have always had a ported.

In all honesty I was only saying the afford stuff because I got offensive and felt attacked, so in return I thought I'd attack back which was ignorant. I should have left the trolls alone.

I will swallow my pride right here though. If you are poor, I do know what thats like I lived 23 years poor, I'm sorry if I offended anyone with those remarks, yes even the troll JL haters. I hope you can get past it and we can move on with the real problem here with solutions.

I did look at that dayton sub, the cage looks real similiar to the kicker comp so i'm afraid to buy and it wont fit. I hate the shipping cost to send speakers back that you don't get refunded for. its too close to take the chance.

Can't u notch that piece out or sand it back with a dye grinder.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

i'm thinking about buying a new box for subs and sending back my tw1's and going with a 12 w3v3 or alpine type-r. or possibly a w6. or possibly a sundown if its a better choice. check out these boxes it may solve my problem..

http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DQC-212-V .. this one is vented 1.55 cu per sub.. only 270 shipped... http://www.amazon.com/Acoustics-Dodge-Vented-Speaker-2002-2015/dp/B00D7THO1E/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1464931375&sr=1-1&keywords=dodge+ram+fox+box

https://www.netaudiowf.com/store/dodge-ram-2/2002-2016-dodge-ram-quad-cab-sub-box-dual-tall/ now for the more expensive non vented fiberglass one but it will accomodate a larger speaker this one is 2x as much plus another $100 $614 shipped. kind of rediculous imo but if its worth it i'll get it... the other one takes up more space but it looks nicer and can fit most subs in it.. what do you guys think?

Look man. Just been through and still am going through the same process as you. First thing you need to do is burn that piece of shit box. I had one and it sounded like shit. Even when I had a decent Sub in it it started breaking apart. Not to mention the air space isn't enough.

Look to fox acoustics or net audio for a custom box. They make them to order and they fit perfect below the rear seat. I got the fox box for two 12" ported. It's has 1.55'3 of air space. Which isn't perfect for the subs I'm getting but I'll throw some polyfil in there and call it a day. I'm going to use two SA-12 subs in it with 1200 watts.

I had tow kicker CompR subs in it first and they sound good. I don't think they will come anywhere near the sun downs but they are great for most people. They are quite a bit better than the comp D subs you were talking about.

No matter what that box you have is the first move I'd make and I did. Again I had one too. The fox box will be the best pre fab/custom box you can order plus it has the most air space. Still though in the end I'm going to end up trying my hand at fiberglass and build my own ported box to get maximum air space and box stiffness. As I have a felling and have heard the sa-12 subs may be too strong for the mdf made box and beat it up too much. We will see but it is still light years ahead of the box you have.

i'm thinking about buying a new box for subs and sending back my tw1's and going with a 12 w3v3 or alpine type-r. or possibly a w6. or possibly a sundown if its a better choice. check out these boxes it may solve my problem..

http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DQC-212-V .. this one is vented 1.55 cu per sub.. only 270 shipped... http://www.amazon.com/Acoustics-Dodge-Vented-Speaker-2002-2015/dp/B00D7THO1E/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1464931375&sr=1-1&keywords=dodge+ram+fox+box

https://www.netaudiowf.com/store/dodge-ram-2/2002-2016-dodge-ram-quad-cab-sub-box-dual-tall/ now for the more expensive non vented fiberglass one but it will accomodate a larger speaker this one is 2x as much plus another $100 $614 shipped. kind of rediculous imo but if its worth it i'll get it... the other one takes up more space but it looks nicer and can fit most subs in it.. what do you guys think?

Dude you must have been typing at the same time as me. Looks like your on the right track. Still the sun downs are your best bet. I've spent hours researching this trust me. The only other sub I thought about was the dc level 2 12". It's near the same class as the sun downs but I think not quite as good so I'm going with the sa subs.

OMFG bro. That is freakish bro. you just recommended the exact 2 boxes that I asked about. WTF man. like WTF. Thats some crazy shit. so you have same kind of truck? Why you not go with the figerglass one from netaudio? is it the rediculous price and it not being ported? I've been up looking at boxes for the last 2 hours. then i just saw that net audio box and was looking into and was like, well that is an awesome box but $615 for just a box? really? Or is it a good price.

Then i did another search and saw that fox acoustics one and saw 1.55 cu ft per sub and it being vented!! was like whoa and how much is this box? then 225 ,45 shipping $270. okay thats half the price of the fiberglass.. one bad thing i see about it is that i lose my drink holders. I have 3 children that sit in the back of my truck sometimes and we do use those cup holders. but i could prolly do without if the box is better... i almost just bought it, but i figured before i spend more money and make a bad choice.. figured i'd ask.. i'll buy whichever one.. i really dont want to spend $600 on a box but if its worth $350 more than it might be worth it... i dont know...I like low hitting bass... so i'd like the box that would hit the lowest bass for sure...im tired as shit right now so sorry if my english is bad

Archived