frogcase2002 Posted June 6, 2016 Report Posted June 6, 2016 Xcon is an excellent sub. Done a couple setups with them on around 1500 rms and was amazing Clarion cz702 Ssa evil mids and tweeters ppi 900.4 2 zcon 18s Taramps 10k 3 big dekas 1 xs 3 runs of 4/0 and big 3 300+ amp ohio generator 155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25
Twiztedlemon Posted June 6, 2016 Author Report Posted June 6, 2016 Hey notorious, you think the diesel cx5 160 amp alternator would be the same general size / bolt config?
notorious97200 Posted June 8, 2016 Report Posted June 8, 2016 Hey notorious, you think the diesel cx5 160 amp alternator would be the same general size / bolt config? I don't know. But I will take a few pictures, you'll see by yourself. black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
bassfreak85 Posted June 8, 2016 Report Posted June 8, 2016 Alright! I think we need to switch up . I definitely had my eyes on the Zcon... But I don't forsee an altenator happening. And I love in the south... Not giving up AC. SO BEST sub for about a 1000 watt area i really like the SSA icon. its actually a nice woofer for the money.
Twiztedlemon Posted June 9, 2016 Author Report Posted June 9, 2016 According to Mazda master tech here, the lucky rest of the world who has the option for diesel cx5's altenator should be identical to the gasoline variant except of course the output of course. SO that said worse comes to worse I can at least get a 60% amp increase through that route. Given if i can't get a real world reputable aftermarket H/O alternator. Notorious, I'd love pics and if you could get me a part number. I'll price reference the dollar per amp as well. Ill Use the pics to double check the bolt configuration, size, and overall setup.
Twiztedlemon Posted June 9, 2016 Author Report Posted June 9, 2016 Alright. The way I'm looking at this is I'm almost dead set on the SSA subwoofers and Twisted Sounds amps. The 2 choice sets are: If I can't at least upgrade to the 160 amp diesel alternator at least... I will go with the twisted sounds 1k amp and an SSA subwoofer. http://twistedsoundscaraudio.com/ts1kw/ If I can get the 160 amp, I'll go with the 1.8k twisted sounds amp and SSA Sub. http://twistedsoundscaraudio.com/ts1-8kw/ If I find a way to get a bigger ALT then I will of course move up in size linear to the amperage output. Now Notorious you with the 2 size options which Ssa subs fit the builds. I'm of the mindset still of meeting RMS POWER ratings by like 10% of each have other. And that clipping and Underpowering can really destroy a sub... To which that mindset is of no use seeing how rms rated at like 2k but people are throwing 3..4k at some of these monsters and going hard all day haha. So for each of those setups, which Ssa subs would be's best to fit the bill! I talked to my local shop... Wow www..... Not too much certainty with those guys ugh. Box builder will have to be found or maybe take a try at making it myself if I can find someone to design a box on whichever setup I land on.
frogcase2002 Posted June 10, 2016 Report Posted June 10, 2016 Underpowering a sub is not bad at all . . . I would go with an xcon or zcon if I was you . Any power you put to them it will be decent . . With the zcon you will have room to upgrade power if you ever want to though . . Clarion cz702 Ssa evil mids and tweeters ppi 900.4 2 zcon 18s Taramps 10k 3 big dekas 1 xs 3 runs of 4/0 and big 3 300+ amp ohio generator 155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25
Twiztedlemon Posted June 10, 2016 Author Report Posted June 10, 2016 So it won't hurt the zcon at the Worst case scenario of 1.3k being thrown at it?
RainStryke Posted June 10, 2016 Report Posted June 10, 2016 I would not recommend under powering a sub like the zcon. Most subs in that range of power have very stiff suspension and need the rated power just to break it in.
Twiztedlemon Posted June 10, 2016 Author Report Posted June 10, 2016 https://alternatorparts.com/quicktifier-external-bridge-rectifier.html What is y'alls intake on this thing...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.