Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer ideas!

Hey fellow audiophiles! I was curious as to the thoughts and recommendations from the collective SMD world on a new subwoofer!

I currently have 2 JL Audio 12w3v3-4's.

And the amp died... So that only leaves me one option... Finally upgrade and completely overhaul my aging system.

I'll sell the current subs and help alleviate and wife backlash, but I'm HOPEFULLY looking to get 1 sub that will out perform the current 2 12's I currently have.

It's a daily driver to the extreme (5 month old 2016 Mazda Cx 5 with already hitting 20,500 miles... I cover the southeastern United States region for my company.

That said the subs need to not only be SQ oriented, but able to definitely push out some serious SPL, and be durable as hell. I want this bad boy to piss people off from a mile. Also to add, I swear it makes people move faster or away from me when im stuck in Atlanta's traffic!

Now this seems like a pipe dream for 1 sub, but if 2 are needed then you can gladly throw your 2 cents in.

My budget? Less than 500.00? Not dumping 10k into it. I will also be going for an amplifier so keep that in mind.

Currently I've looked at the soundqubed hcs series, and of course SA(with keeping en eye on the addition of their new series coming out)

Thanks.

1 12 to out perfom 2 would go with DD 9900 or 9500 series , AA makes great subs .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

500 with amp not really doable good amp alone will run about that

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

SA over sound qubed allday

Great find AB gets down we need him to through that JL shit away I wouldn't even sell it , why sell some shit subs to someone else (wall socket that shit) U will be so more impressed when get away from mainstream shit and deal with real powered subs , don't see any JL builds on this site for a reason .

Great find AB gets down we need him to through that JL shit away I wouldn't even sell it , why sell some shit subs to someone else (wall socket that shit) U will be so more impressed when get away from mainstream shit and deal with real powered subs , don't see any JL builds on this site for a reason .

The jl subs aren't shit. They are good subs. Just not worth the price

JL is meant for a different purpose than what the majority of us on this site are looking for in our systems. They're not shit. I wish I had never sold my old JL sub, it would be perfect for an SQ build. Which is what JL is more geared for in comparison to DD, AA, Sundown, FI, AB, etc.

Just not a fan for the price can get double the power from much better brands to many people worship them until they hear a real sub get loose

Just not a fan for the price can get double the power from much better brands to many people worship them until they hear a real sub get loose

So you changed your mind now. First they were shit. And now it's just because they're expensive

Archived