sniperlif3 Posted June 5, 2016 Report Posted June 5, 2016 I have some 6.5" speakers that are on the rear deck lid of my car. The problem that I have is that the rear side is open to the entire trunk. I would like to try to enclose them somehow to get better quality and punch from them as open air speakers just don't sound good. I don't have a ton of room as my stock battery location is right beneath on the speaker but I would like to try to get something better. What are some options I would have to enclose them? Or would it even be beneficial to do that? My speakers are the Infinity Kappa 62.11l and I don't have a ton of room between the speaker and the battery.
sniperlif3 Posted June 5, 2016 Author Report Posted June 5, 2016 I guess the first question should have been: Will enclosing these speakers help with sound quality/loudness?
islandpride684 Posted June 6, 2016 Report Posted June 6, 2016 I wouldn't worry about the rear...unless you ride with people in the back a lot...even then I still wouldn't worry about the rear...lol...just focus on the front stage and you should be good...the rear is just for fill anyways.... Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
donpablo Posted June 6, 2016 Report Posted June 6, 2016 Do you have some kind of trunk system if you do then dont worry about the rear deck sound 2015 F-150 Platnuim
sniperlif3 Posted June 6, 2016 Author Report Posted June 6, 2016 No trunk system. It is just the rear speakers on the rear deck lid that come stock. The problem I was curious about is that the area where my rear seats used to be have a few gaps in the metal for wiring from factory and I just did not want to hear both sides of the speaker. No good for sound quality. Also I have heard many good things about sealing speakers better to get more quality sound from them. Overall it sounds great even for my temp work using the head unit for power, I have an amp for the speakers at a later time and have 2 Alpine 15s that are going to go where the rear seats used to be once I fab up something to hold the box in place.
aculous Posted June 6, 2016 Report Posted June 6, 2016 putting your rear speakers in a enclosure is not going to do anything for you, mostly because those speakers were probably made to be free air or open baffle anyway. If you want to cover up a small void or hole or whatever use some sounddeadener or some type of constrained layer dampeners (CLD)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.