J_west07 Posted June 17, 2016 Author Report Posted June 17, 2016 What do u use for box designs and calculators?
DLHgn Posted June 17, 2016 Report Posted June 17, 2016 That's a cute little compact box! I hope it performs the way you want it to.
DLHgn Posted June 17, 2016 Report Posted June 17, 2016 A good (free) 3D modeling software I use (and many people on here use) is Sketchup. For calculations/simulations I use WinIsd. WinIsd is good once you figure it out but doing that can be a real pain.
J_west07 Posted June 17, 2016 Author Report Posted June 17, 2016 Lol right. Hope so, should be better than the sealed box its in that's barely as big as the speaker....
J_west07 Posted June 17, 2016 Author Report Posted June 17, 2016 K ill download it this weekend and try to play around with it. I can't ever figure out the tuning on the box calculator apps on my phone.
DLHgn Posted June 17, 2016 Report Posted June 17, 2016 You can always check out my thread about my first box build. There another member posts a link to the most updated version of WinIsd and how to enter the specs of your drivers to allow the program to work. I will post a link to it in a second.
J_west07 Posted June 17, 2016 Author Report Posted June 17, 2016 K thanks bro. I've built 2 other boxes but they were just copied from pics online. Kinda wanna learn how to tune them how I want them etc that's why I'm getting all the correct tools etc.
Wasteland_Audio Posted June 17, 2016 Report Posted June 17, 2016 Sketchup is what i use, It works really well for box building and the likes.
J_west07 Posted June 17, 2016 Author Report Posted June 17, 2016 Does it also figure in the tuning? I've just never been able to get the tuning part it asks for all the dimensions etc, but then it wants port length and height and it always says N/A on the tuning so I dunno wtf I'm doing wrong.
Wasteland_Audio Posted June 17, 2016 Report Posted June 17, 2016 No sketchup is a just a building program for everything, not just boxes. I use carstereo.com for my port lengths. just remember that most port length calculators usually don't factor in port volume.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.