Sonic Electronix

Is It Possible To Get A Car Loud Without A Wall?

One day I was bored so I put my single 10" SPL/daily driver enclosure in my mom's old car, a 1999 monte carlo. Setup was a DD 9510 and a kicker zx2500

With 20 feet of 16 gauge speaker wire running from my amp in the truck to the sub box in the monte, I pulled a 144.0 sealed up on the dash at 42 hz. :) (on my termlab)

So with the right equipment and enclosure, a 145 is more than possible.

Edited by tommyk90

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

Yeah I really don't know what kind of vehicle I really want. My mind fluctuates way too much. I really like the Magnum but the other side of myself keeps telling me to get the altima to do better on gas mileage.

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

Car can be a trunk too. Your post makes no sense. Also SSAudio is running 2 18" AudioPulse Ultra's, and over 6000 watts to each one with a 10 cubic foot box ported with a great deal and amount of batteries. Really dont think hes going that extreme. But SSAudio is very impressive.

his blanket question is "can you get loud without a wall"

SSAudio- not having a wall, is very very loud thereby answering his question.

i am not addressing his more detailed question that is, "will my setup be just as loud in a car"

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Yeah I really don't know what kind of vehicle I really want. My mind fluctuates way too much. I really like the Magnum but the other side of myself keeps telling me to get the altima to do better on gas mileage.

:excl: Gas mileage is what I would lean more on.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs