Can I do this

I am wanting to upgrade my big three to 0 gauge and also run a 0 gauge wire to my amp. Do I have to put two wire runs and two fuse holders going to the positive side of the battery (one to the amp and one from the alternator) or can I have a one foot long 0 gauge wire coming out of the battery to a fused distribution block then one 0 gauge wire coming out of the block to the amp and one to the alternator. Meade you did something like this on the honda but I am not sure if it was the same thing. I guess I dont really know if the one wire from the battery to the block can handle both loads. Thanks for your help, hope I was not that confusing.

sounds like it shouldn't hurt anything but we'll both wait on other opinions, that's a good question though.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

I am wanting to upgrade my big three to 0 gauge and also run a 0 gauge wire to my amp. Do I have to put two wire runs and two fuse holders going to the positive side of the battery (one to the amp and one from the alternator) or can I have a one foot long 0 gauge wire coming out of the battery to a fused distribution block then one 0 gauge wire coming out of the block to the amp and one to the alternator. Meade you did something like this on the honda but I am not sure if it was the same thing. I guess I dont really know if the one wire from the battery to the block can handle both loads. Thanks for your help, hope I was not that confusing.

To be on the safe side, I would fuse them independently. Especially the power wire going to the amp. To make things a little more effective I would also move the wire going to the amp closer to the alternator (fused of course). That might make a slight difference in voltage...on the +ive side. That's optional of course.

Here's a little diagram if I'm being confusing:

connect.jpg

connect it from ur battery to ur amps, [glow=red,2,300]not ur alt to ur amps.[/glow]

x2...Connect it to the batteries located by the amp (if any).

If it's connected to your alternator, then technically it's connected to the battery cuz the battery, too, is connected to the alternator.

It's entirely optional...that was just something I did to get a higher voltage to my amps and it worked so I thought he might like to try it.