mids to keep up with 4-6 ab xfl 1222s

Rich Schenk

I've read on another forum that the "SB are not so good, they are the new forum boners" !

Take a look at Seas, Pearless, or some good "pro audio" speakers.

Lots of people like the Sundown Neo pro : I've listened to them recently, they're not bad at all. Maybe they're worth the try.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

From what I've heard and read alot of the proaudio speakers don't have great midbass but maybe I'm wrong.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

From what I've heard and read alot of the proaudio speakers don't have great midbass but maybe I'm wrong.

The cheapest ones, for sure !

But there must be good ones.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Which ones jcarter can't find any reviews on them. That's why I'm undecided in which route to go 2 good mids per side or 4 cheaper mids per side. Sick of not hearing mids when turned up.

Here ya go

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/sb-acoustics-woofers-6-7/sb-acoustics-sb17nrxc35-4-6.5-woofer/

I've read on another forum that the "SB are not so good, they are the new forum boners" !

Take a look at Seas, Pearless, or some good "pro audio" speakers.

Lots of people like the Sundown Neo pro : I've listened to them recently, they're not bad at all. Maybe they're worth the try.

Sounds like you are just quoting ///M5 without really knowing. He didnt have any experience with my current drivers when we talked about them. I actually used them in an install.

I still want to try a pair of Seas Prestige ER18 mids as well.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Ty jcarter

My question to you is according to graph looks like output goes down at 100hz

How accurate our these graphs because silver flutes stay relatively even from 50hz to 5K

What do you have yours crossover at?

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

80hz to 2khz, sometimes i run them up to 100hz depending on how volume happy I am. They can be crossed lower as well just depends.

I read graphs but they only tell you so much, as far as accurate i cant answer that. Sound characteristics cant be seen from specs or graphs. With bass playing you wont hear midbass that much, just my opinion. Does it mean its not important, depends on goals and listening habits. My Sivlerflutes sounded good and had great output but just wasnt what I was looking for. Im not saying you wont like them, just giving my input. Also check out zaphaudio.com I believe where he tested a good amount of speakers, even test a wide range of 6.5" and 7" drivers.

AudioControl DM-608

AudioControl LC-6.1200

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

the silver flutes are one of the best midbass drivers on the market in their price bracket...but they arent very loud...the Audio Legion MG6 is a great driver that will give u both, solid midbass output and scream...sold 8 of the 8s to a friend and he was absolutely in love with them before any eqing, now hes even happier...ive got 16 6.5 going in my truck soon

personal build in progress

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/

www.facebook.com/TurbulentDesigns

AudioControl DM-608

AudioControl LC-6.1200

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Fyrebryd what do you have those mg6s crossovered to?

Archived