how to determin speaker wire ga for RMS ?

So according to the chart provided by broke. Going from 12ga to 8ga is a minimal difference from what i got....

But is there a general rule like 500-1000 14ga 1000-2000 14-12ga 2000-3000 12-10ga 3000-5000 10-8ga ??? That is more or less the answer i was looking for, does it sound correct ? I will play with the chart more, idk what capacities mean in relation to wire... Dont know what the TS 2.8k amp dampining factor is yet either

The damping factor is going to be shit with the amp wired low,

Really don't worry about it for this.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You can't just go by the wattage being used because it depends what ohm load you are wired down to.

The limiting factor is amperage. 12 gauge OFC is good for 25-30 amps, which works out to about 600-900 watts per ohm. If you jump up to 8 gauge its good for between 40 - 50 amps.

So in your case, 12 gauge should be sufficient, but using larger wire wouldn't hurt either.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived